Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Idaho Consumer Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Insurance Bad Faith for Idaho on
Q: Guild mortgage refusing to pay contractor building burned residence. Holding Insurance money.

Licensed contractor has a signed contract with Guild Mortgage. is there a cause of action?

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers answered on Mar 27, 2020

There’s ALWAYS a cause of action. Question is, which party are you? Are you the builder? Contractor? Guild Mortgage? So many questions have I.

2 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law for Idaho on
Q: I found a blank money oreder and filled my name in it and tried to cash it but it was reported stolen what am I facing
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers answered on Mar 22, 2020

Finding a money order is akin to finding a credit card and then trying to use it. It’s a felony and carries a maximum penalty of 5 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law and Consumer Law for Idaho on
Q: I am interested in finding how to collect monies from Amazon. Its called-Prime Profit. Please let me know.

The money comes from a tax on Amazon. How do i get a piece of it ?

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers answered on Oct 24, 2019

I didn't know that private citizens were entitled to share in a tax imposed upon Amazon? What makes you think that you're entitled to take part of a tax that Amazon has to pay based upon, what? I need a LOT more information before I could give you a very good answer.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law for Idaho on
Q: I bought a laptop from facebook, they advertised that it had 16 gigs of RAM when it only had 4.

Do i have any legal repercussion? I have tried to talk to them in facebook but they have blocked both me and my husband after selling it to us.

Michael Hales
Michael Hales answered on Mar 28, 2019

You might want to bring a small claims action against them if it's worth the time.

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Bankruptcy, Collections and Consumer Law for Idaho on
Q: debt collection cases
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers answered on Oct 15, 2018

All debt collection STOPS as soon as you file ANY chapter in bankruptcy. If you’re behind on a car payment and you file bcy the collection against you will stop immediately. Same with a house if you’re behind on your mortgage. However the collection on these two kinds of debts will start again... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Contracts for Idaho on
Q: cell insurance doesnt have my phone, gave me option of upgraded model but says my deduct will go up by 125.00 can they

increased deductible 125.00 because they dont have my phone!! is that legal

Christian K. Lassen
Christian K. Lassen answered on Apr 2, 2018

We would have to review the policy in order to provide meaningful answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Contracts for Idaho on
Q: Should we be able to get our money back?

My wife and I went to our gym in 2016 told them we wanted to cancel, the desk worker confirmed we were cancelled and would no longer be charged. A year later we have discovered that we are still being charged. I called the billing company and they say that per our contract we have to write a letter... Read more »

Michael Hales
Michael Hales answered on Feb 8, 2018

While I feel that you have a valid complaint, the issue will be proving that you gave the verbal cancellation. Is there anything evidence from that day?

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Products Liability, Tax Law and Banking for Idaho on
Q: There is a company in idaho that handles communications for inmates currently incarcerated, they breach their terms

Of service, add charges that SHOULD not be there and have the same excuse each time and why they are not responsible even after you run their test prior to using their services (test runs speeds and connections) comes back good.. ive lost enough money to this company swindling their customers i... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 11, 2017

Contact the Idaho Civil Liberties Union and ask if they have a prison rights division --this has been litigated.

Depending on charges, you may find it easier to get your family or whoever you call an 800 number so you can call free.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law for Idaho on
Q: Can we sue "AcceptanceNow" in small claims?

My fiancé and I recently purchased a table from Ashley's Furniture under the impression we were "buying" it and making payments to pay it off. Well after 90 days we found out we were going to be charged $1500 for the initial $500 table. We told them that we were NEVER informed that we had 90 days... Read more »

Glenn B. Manishin
Glenn B. Manishin answered on Mar 1, 2017

You can file a small claims action in Idaho for up to $5,000 without an attorney. Based on the facts you allege, your claims would be for breach of contract and misrepresentation/fraud. It would be important to allege that the 90-day price point increase was not set forth in the rental contract and... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Health Care Law for Idaho on
Q: Is it legal for the physician to require me to pay out of pocket?

I have severe sleep apnea. I was prescribed a CPAP machine by a sleep physician earlier this year. My insurance denied coverage due to low usage the first couple of months, though I am getting good usage now. My physician now says I have no choice but to pay for the machine out of pocket. I asked... Read more »

Patrick E. Mahoney
Patrick E. Mahoney answered on Aug 29, 2016

Usually, when you obtain medical treatment, devices, or services, you agree to pay the bill, one way or the other. If you have insurance, the doctor submits to insurance for possible coverage. Pre-authorization is determined if necessary. If you do not have insurance coverage, usually you have... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.