Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Internet Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Louisiana Internet Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Constitutional Law and Internet Law for Louisiana on
Q: Im doing a moke trial in english two on new youk times vs united states, what things support the united states side

i actuall want to be a lawyer and this is a step closer but the moke trial is today so i need some facts from the case that support united states side,

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Nov 5, 2023

In the case of New York Times Co. vs. United States, the United States argued that the publication of the Pentagon Papers was a breach of national security. The government's position was that the papers contained classified information that could compromise military operations and diplomatic... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law for Louisiana on
Erik Špila
Erik Špila
answered on Aug 24, 2022

Dear Mrs or Mr,

if you are reffering to identity theft then this is definitely not legal to act as someone else without their permission on social media or anywhere else.

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Antitrust and Internet Law for Louisiana on
Q: My parents will has nothing in it about my mothers jewelry. However my father split his guns with my 2 brothers yrs ago.

I'm the only girl and the baby. It was always known that I was to inherit mother's jewelry collection. My oldest brother is the exacutor of my trust and was the beneficiary of my parents estate for past 7 years. Mother died n November and dad in 2018. We are at the end of the succession... View More

Douglas Lee Bryan
Douglas Lee Bryan
answered on Feb 11, 2022

You need to contact an attorney who handles successions and estate matters as soon as possible to file the proper pleadings to review the pleadings filed, protect your interest and to object to the inventory your brother has likely filed, if it does not have your mother's jewelry listed.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support, Family Law and Internet Law for Louisiana on
Q: My ex is posting my child support payment and arrears amount on her social media, is there any action I can take?

My full name is included on the screen shot that she is posting online.

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
answered on Jun 17, 2019

If it is false information, yes you can take action. If it is accurate, no you can't.

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law, Juvenile Law and Securities Law for Louisiana on
Q: A girl has been harassing me for Months. It’s Feb.28,2019. Can I wait until she turns 18 in April to press charges?

She’s been harassing me through several things. Text, social media’s, and after I blocked her from everything she ask people to rely a message to me. She constantly circles where I’m at in town and I can’t make her leave me alone. I wanna press charges, but there’s no point If they... View More

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
answered on Feb 28, 2019

She can be charged with a crime as a juvenile.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Federal Crimes, Internet Law and Juvenile Law for Louisiana on
Q: How can I help them?

Hi, my little sister is 14 and she sent a video of herself being being sexual to two of her male classmates on a app called Snapchat. One of the boys recorded her from another phone and his mother found it. Now she wants to discuss the matter with my mother since the boy sent it around school. If... View More

Douglas Lee Bryan
Douglas Lee Bryan
answered on Oct 12, 2018

There may be implications from both a criminal and child protection standpoint. I'd certainly recommend that your mother contact an attorney who is familiar with both criminal and family law matters.

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Criminal Law and Internet Law for Louisiana on
Q: Hi, I have a question about felony computer fraud.

My husband has been charged with felony computer fraud in Tangipahoa parish. His stepfather alleges that my husband stole his bank account info and used it fraudulently. The fact is that my husband’s mother authorized it, told him it was okay. She is the one who provided the bank acct info to my... View More

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
answered on Apr 4, 2018

You handle it by hiring a criminal defense attorney & not giving a statement.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Federal Crimes and Internet Law for Louisiana on
Q: I was told a person was 21 on a website but contacted by a family member saying she is 15. Isn't that entrapment?

We met on a dating app that does not allow any users under 18 to use the site. She sent me nonrequested pictures and then asked for a picture which I sent. The "father" says I have to pay him for the repair of his laptop or he will have me arrested. Isn't this entrapment and... View More

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
answered on Feb 22, 2018

This is a scam. Don't pay the father anything.

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law for Louisiana on
Q: Does a wife have the right to hack into her husband's computer email account...
Timothy James Walton
Timothy James Walton
answered on Feb 7, 2011

While your situation may depend on the circumstances that you call "hacking", in general, computer intrusion is not lawful.

However, if you leave your password on a post-it note on the monitor, then that is not hacking...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.