Louisiana Education Law Questions & Answers

Q: Do doctors excused absences fall under punishable offence with truancy?

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Criminal Law, Education Law and Juvenile Law for Louisiana on
Answered on Oct 3, 2018
Ellen Cronin Badeaux's answer
No not truancy. But make a copy of each doctor's note before you give it to the school.

Q: I'm 16 y.o and I was wondering is it legal for my parents decide for me if I can go to public school or not?

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Civil Rights, Education Law and Juvenile Law for Louisiana on
Answered on Mar 7, 2018
Douglas Lee Bryan's answer
I admire you for your drive and ambition. I would tell them flat-out that you want to stay and school and finish. Make a deal with them that you can stay in school as long as you continue to make good grades and stay out of trouble. Good luck!

Q: I am a teacher and was suspended for a facebook post that was unrelated to school.

1 Answer | Asked in Education Law, Employment Law and Libel & Slander for Louisiana on
Answered on Apr 10, 2017
Charles Joseph Stiegler's answer
This question depends on many factors, including whether you are a member of a union and what the school board policies are in your parish (I am assuming you are a public school teacher). You should contact a local employment lawyer quickly to act to preserve your job.

Q: Can I have my child's school vice principal arrested?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Education Law for Louisiana on
Answered on Oct 6, 2015

Q: How do I go about to remove a under tutor whom mishandled my kids funds ?

1 Answer | Asked in Education Law for Louisiana on
Answered on Sep 4, 2015
Robert Jason De Groot's answer
What is an under tutor? Did you mean trustee?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.