Louisiana Internet Law Questions & Answers

Q: How can I help them?

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Federal Crimes, Internet Law and Juvenile Law for Louisiana on
Answered on Oct 12, 2018
Douglas Lee Bryan's answer
There may be implications from both a criminal and child protection standpoint. I'd certainly recommend that your mother contact an attorney who is familiar with both criminal and family law matters.

Q: Hi, I have a question about felony computer fraud.

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Criminal Law and Internet Law for Louisiana on
Answered on Apr 4, 2018
Ellen Cronin Badeaux's answer
You handle it by hiring a criminal defense attorney & not giving a statement.

Q: Does a wife have the right to hack into her husband's computer email account...

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law for Louisiana on
Answered on Feb 7, 2011
Timothy James Walton's answer
While your situation may depend on the circumstances that you call "hacking", in general, computer intrusion is not lawful.

However, if you leave your password on a post-it note on the monitor, then that is not hacking...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.