Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Pennsylvania Libel & Slander Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Libel & Slander for Pennsylvania on
Q: A staff member at the on-profit housing program that I am with, made false accusations against me. Can you please help

I have been a participant of the program, for the past8 years, and have forwarded my concerns to the staff members, and have been called a "liar", and have been threatened by both the staff members, other participants, and mon participants, when I complained. They still refuse to address... View More

Dennis Hernandez
Dennis Hernandez
answered on Oct 12, 2016

I would recommend that you consult an attorney to review the case in more detail.

View More Answers

Q: I need to get sole proprietor to sign a Non-Disparagement clause prior to signing Confidential Disclosure

Consulting for a sole proprietor (softball program) and after being insulted, cursed at, humiliated in front of players, coaches, and peers at our latest showcase, I have been asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement as I expressed my dislike of the circumstance by one of the 3 owners. I have not... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Aug 2, 2016

Given the perhaps idiosyncratic and vindictive personality you outline, using a template may not be enough. You may want to have all sign so it doesn't look like you are singling him out. Suggest you contact a commercial law attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander and Criminal Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: My family and I have a woman who will not leave us alone, this has been going on for over 4 years.

We had to sell our house because of it, shows up at public places where we are, followed my son around our old neighborhood, stops her car and stares at my children if she sees them somewhere, spreads rumors about us, had a very disturbing phone call from her husband, and constantly trying to... View More

R. Patrick Link
R. Patrick Link
answered on Jul 29, 2016

If true, it sounds like the person could be arrested on charges of harassment (which could be a summary offense or a misdemeanor), or even stalking (which can be graded as a felony). Call the police.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.