Rhode Island Federal Crimes Questions & Answers

Q: hello i have a question regarding a case .child molestation case

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes and Appeals / Appellate Law for Rhode Island on
Answered on Feb 16, 2019
Neville Bedford's answer
It is probably best to address that in private with your attorney.

Q: What is the phone number for the Civil Liberties Union in Ohio? Its for a police assault and battery inccident.

1 Answer | Asked in Constitutional Law and Federal Crimes for Rhode Island on
Answered on Jul 26, 2018
Gary Kollin's answer
I know you might find this amazing, but I googled

american civil liberty union ohio which yielded


Q: If someone charges a person with first degree robbery but drops charges and doesn’t show to court what happens?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Rhode Island on
Answered on Mar 21, 2018
Allison Abilheira's answer
A person can’t charge you with first degree robbery, it would be the state or federal government to pursue these criminal charges. Therefore, the actual person who alleged the theft occurred is likely not required to go to court unless the case is scheduled for trial and they need to testify.

Q: I am being cyberstalked which has been reported to police but during this I was extremely slandered. What are my legal

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes and Libel & Slander for Rhode Island on
Answered on Feb 17, 2018
Neville Bedford's answer
You may wish to meet with an attorney to consider seeking a protective order in the State Court. They should also be able to review your allegations/evidence of slander and advise you of your options.

Q: what happens now that a person motion for a new trial is denied.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Rhode Island on
Answered on Oct 19, 2017
Neville Bedford's answer
He should be speaking to his attorney in private to explore next steps and options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.