Rhode Island Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers

Q: Which Rhode Island court do I petition to unseal documents related to my paternity?

1 Answer | Asked in Adoption, Family Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Rhode Island on
Answered on Mar 28, 2019
Neville Bedford's answer
Dual citizenship is a special status and probably worth investing with an attorney to assist you. Your chances of success will be much better with a professional advocating on your behalf.

Q: So if I’m out of state right now and can’t be able to make it to the hearing what will happen

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law for Rhode Island on
Answered on May 28, 2018
Neville Bedford's answer
If you do not appear and are not excused, the court may issue a warrant form the bench. Retain an attorney to assist you.

Q: Do I need an attorney for a DCF "fair "hearing?

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Family Law for Rhode Island on
Answered on Mar 16, 2016
Neville Bedford's answer
An attorney would be most helpful on preparing and defending against such allegations. You are free to proceed without one at your own risk.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.