Rhode Island Small Claims Questions & Answers

Q: hello i have lost an $2200 camera that i rented whats going to happen to me ?

3 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Criminal Law, Products Liability and Small Claims for Rhode Island on
Answered on Feb 13, 2019
Thomas Briody's answer
If you truly lost the item, then you have most likely not committed a crime. However, you are responsible for the loss, and you will have to reimburse the person who loaned you the camera. That means you are most likely going to have to pay the value of the camera back.

Q: friend will not acknowledge any of my attempts to reclaim my possessions which he said he would if i ever got to nervous

1 Answer | Asked in Small Claims for Rhode Island on
Answered on Feb 17, 2018
Neville Bedford's answer
If you can't resolve it amicably, it may be time to take your "friend" to small claims court.

Q: Can I take someone to court because they threw out my things that was at their house after an argument?

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Small Claims for Rhode Island on
Answered on Sep 6, 2017
Neville Bedford's answer
Small claims court is open to everyone. Good luck.

Q: At what point is this harassment?

1 Answer | Asked in Small Claims, Criminal Law and Employment Law for Rhode Island on
Answered on Jun 25, 2017
Neville Bedford's answer
For your own peace of mind, you might be looking for a new live/work situation. A restraining order will likely necessitate exceptions to allow for incidental contact at work/home and may be of little help to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.