Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Tennessee Insurance Defense Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Insurance Defense for Tennessee on
Q: I was in an accident in tn. The other driver was at fault. I have no insurance. Will his insurance pay for my damage?

He was at fault, he said so and officer said so. My insurance was cancelled without me knowing. So at the time I had no insurance. Will I get my damages paid for by the other guys insurance

Mr. James Charles Wright
Mr. James Charles Wright
answered on Feb 26, 2018

Yes. If the accident was the other driver's fault, and if the other driver had insurance at some point, the other insurer may be liable to pay for your damages.

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation, Car Accidents and Insurance Defense for Tennessee on
Q: I was involved In a no fault car accident in a company car on my way from a job. Can I sue my employers car insurance

I was involved In a no fault car accident in a company car on my way from a job. The driver who hit me doesn't have insurance. I dont have uninsured motorist insurance. I know Workers comp prevents me from suing my employer. But what about the Insurance company they have for the fleet of... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Feb 11, 2018

Contact a member of the Tenn Assn for Justice in the county where the wreck happened. They give free consults. If the company car had uninsured motorist that may do it.

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Insurance Bad Faith and Insurance Defense for Tennessee on
Q: Car was in an accident now the person at faults insurance company refuses to fix damages. What do I do?

I got into an accident no fault of mine. The other persons insurance company looked at my car and is now refusing to pay to have it fixed, or totaled whichever needs to happen. They said due to previous damage, that I was unaware of because when I financed the car, I was given a clean Carfax,... Read more »

Mr. James Charles Wright
Mr. James Charles Wright
answered on Oct 19, 2017

You may have to bring a lawsuit against them to make the insurer pay for the damage. You can turn the claim in to your insurer to have the car repaired and your insurer may pursue the other company as well as your deductible.

View More Answers

Q: Can i get a general dismissal release thrown out he lied to get me to sign it. based on what the car lot owner said?

He said he fixed it. He made it a worse problem and now I had no headlights. But he gave it back an I payed truck note an insurance by friday night. Court was Thursday. He repoed it Saturday stating it was him exercising his right not to sell it to me. I havent been able work lost jobs an now... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jun 29, 2016

Not sure what is going on here and who the person is. Suggest you contact a consumer attorney go to

However they won't be able to do anyhing for your financial situation immediately so you need to develop a plan to meet your needs to get to work, etc.

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Defense for Tennessee on
Q: How to get beneficiary money from Aflac in your name (brother inlaw)? Recent husband not beneficiary!

Deceased is wife, married 3 months before death. Insurance policy names brother-inlaw beneficiary. Aflac says brother-inlaw can't have it.

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Jul 30, 2015

Not clear what's going on. Talk to a local insurance lawyer.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is general information that is given for legal education only. It is not legal advice, and it may not work for your...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Defense for Tennessee on
Q: I am in TN and am beneficiary of life insurance, do I have to give adult children any of that money

Are his children entitled to any of the life insurance money since I am listed as the only beneficiary.

Kimberly K. Schreiber
Kimberly K. Schreiber
answered on Apr 30, 2014

No, beneficiaries for life insurance and the proceeds do not go through probate. They are the sole monies of the beneficiary.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.