Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Texas Sexual Harassment Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment and Personal Injury for Texas on
Q: My 8 year old daughter got sexually assaulted on a school bus by a 14 year old

I'm wondering if I can sue him and the school for allowing at 14 year old to sit with her on the bus and the bus driver not doing anything about it? There footage of my daughter standing up and looking out the window looking scared.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 18, 2017

Possibly, if the school had notice the youth was a predator or if the driver could have seen something,

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment and Criminal Law for Texas on
Q: My son is having sex with a teacher who works at his school but this teacher isn't one of his teachers. Is this illegal?

My son is 18. The Teacher is 25. They haven't been having sexual relations on school property. I can't imagine this being illegal for him but I want to know if she might face charges.

Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace answered on May 7, 2017

You may be interested in reading Texas Penal Code 21.12 - IMPROPER RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN EDUCATOR AND STUDENT. Here is a link:

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Juvenile Law and Sexual Harassment for Texas on
Q: In Texas can a 16yo & a 13yo legally have sex? 3 years & 4 months age difference. Both consenting & protected

If this is illegal, would the 16 year old get the same punishment regaurdless if they are male or female? What would happen to the 13 year old?

Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace answered on Mar 5, 2017

In Teas, the age of consent is seventeen. The "Romeo & Juliet" defense only applies when the youngest is at least fourteen years old and the other is not more than three years older... three years and four months is too large of a gap.

The law itself does NOT punish the genders...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment and Criminal Law for Texas on
Q: Can someone being accused of sexual molestation or non consensual case, fight it from a foreign location?

1. A case is being filed by a lady against my friend who is now in foreign location. He is confident of the case but doesn't want to return to america with the fear of the imprisonment. Can he present his case through video conferencing from an international location?

2. Also could you... Read more »

Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace answered on Jan 19, 2017

Your friend will almost certainly have to return to successfully fight the charges... and doing it right will be expensive.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Securities Law, Sexual Harassment and Small Claims for Texas on
Q: Can a contract be enforced if the seller states he was under the influence?

Yesterday I got the news that the seller has agreed and signed on my offer to purchase a condo. Then today I get a call that he was under the influence of pain medication from yesterday morning's doctor's visit and that he does not remember agreeing to the contract. Can this contract still be... Read more »

Anton Pal Montano
Anton Pal Montano answered on Apr 7, 2016

It is difficult to give an accurate answer to this question without knowing all the details of your case. Generally, for example, a person may argue that a contract is voidable because he did not have the capacity or legal ability to enter the contract due to being under the influence of drugs or... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for Texas on
Q: What was the legal age in 1958?
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Sep 25, 2013

It might have been 21, because the legal drinking age was changed as a result of sending 18 year olds to Viet Nam. If they can be sent to war, why can't they drink was the reasoning.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.