Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Washington Workers' Compensation Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Washington on
Q: When should I hire an attorney to appeal a permanent partial disability claim?

Was awarded workers comp for acute leukemia caused by chemicals. Had several permanent physical changes (kidney issues, permanent ostomy, ostopenia, heart issues, sterile) due to extensive treatment and bad reactions to treatment. Workers comp only awarded PPD for one of the physical changes... Read more »

Steve Dashiak
Steve Dashiak answered on Aug 18, 2021

I say this as someone who is not a workers comp attorney: Please, never go through a WA workers compensation claim without an attorney again. It's possible you've left an enormous amount of money on the table. People get fee sensitive when thinking about workers comp attorneys, knowing... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI, Employment Law, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Washington on
Q: How do I know that I need a lawyer?

I live in Kirkland, WA and am not currently employed.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Oct 4, 2020

A Washington attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for four weeks. From the brief description, it isn't clear what the matter involves, as it is posted across several categories. For starters, if you were injured (you posted under Personal Injury), you could reach out to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Workers' Compensation and Employment Discrimination for Washington on
Q: Should I file EEOC and sue?

My employer cut my hours and days due to my "negative energy" aka my depression. It has never affected me with my clients but my coworkers were "concerned" and told my manager who the district leader told her to cut my hours without talking to me before doing so.

Kyle Anderson
Kyle Anderson answered on Jun 10, 2020

I would recommend reaching out to an employment attorney in your state for a consultation. Your depression may qualify as a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act, so an adverse employment action (pay cut, termination, etc.) taken on the basis of your depression may be unlawful.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Tax Law, Workers' Compensation and Business Law for Washington on
Q: Can I sue for getting paid under the table?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Oct 5, 2019

It would depend on what the basis of the lawsuit was, but an attorney in each of the categories you list could probably advise you on the downside of working off the books. Maybe one of the most pressing issues is workers' comp coverage for an on-the-job injury. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Washington on
Q: Looking for an attorney willing to go up against Boeing and their private insurer, Sedgewick.

Need someone who can help facilitate the dealings with Sedgewick, who is Boeing's private insurer, because they can't seem to get things right on a case that has been going on for 10+ years. Had 5 foot surgeries 10+ years ago. Finally got fixed with 5th one. About 1-1/2 years ago,... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jul 27, 2019

I'm sorry for your frustrating ordeal. Maybe the best thing to do at this point would be to start looking up workers' comp attorneys in the Seattle area (if that's where you are, based on being employed by Boeing). Many of them provide free initial consults. You could look up... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Washington on
Q: Is it possible to file a workers' comp claim for being bullied at work? I had to seek counseling and it ruined my life.
Timothy Emery
Timothy Emery answered on Sep 26, 2018

Contact an attorney to discuss potential employment law claims (and potential WC claims as well).

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Washington on
Q: I was driving my personal vehicle when driving from sales meeting in tri cities to work in yakima and i was on the cloc

During the middle of a winter storm while commuting from meeting to work site i hit black ice and totaled my car and got a concussion. Is my employer responsible for my car financially they did pay my hospital bills.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Nov 11, 2017

Only if you had an agreement with them. Otheriwise, presumably you received mileage which in part would compensate you for insurance which is what should cover your damage. If you chose to not get insurance, your baby.

However you have a comp claim and should contact a member of the State...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation and Construction Law for Washington on
Q: Do I have a case- short version- I tore my meniscus while on the job. Before I thought about possibly claiming L&I,

I gave my Dr my work insurance info and just told them I tore it getting it of car. I had worked for them for 5 months before this incident. When I finally talked to them they non-chalantly encouraged me not to claim L&I, saying they would pay me 80 hrs every 2 weeks and when the medical bills... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 6, 2017

Talk to a member of the State of Washington Assn for Justice who handles workers compensation. Problem is your original story.......but members of SWAJ give free consults.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Washington on
Q: Should i return to my work of injury on a non fully recovered injury

Physician is releasing me back to work of injury, i was told from pysician that i would need an arthogram done to view more of my injury to see if i would need surgery or not, but for now i am able to return to work, should i return to work and risk getting injured again, or should i wait untill... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 9, 2017

You should contact a member of the Washington State Trial Lawyers Assn who handles comp cases--they give free consults. You can still get treatment after you return. You need to be sure your doctor understands what use of your shoulder is at your job. Many just get a description from the work... Read more »

Q: Is there any experienced LTD attorneys in Spokane, wa?

I had worked for about 10 years in a large manufacturing firm before my medical condition forced me unable to continue. I had an active LTD paying benifits for about a year before they decided to discontinue. I disputed their unjust decision as many times as they allowed for appeals with no win... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Apr 14, 2017

Look for an attorney who handles ERISA claims--strt with the State of Washington Assn for Justice--they give free consults. However, 15 years is in most cases way too late for a case like yours.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Workers' Compensation for Washington on
Q: if an employer does not inform you or give any incentive of liability and if you get injured how much liability covered?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Nov 29, 2016

Not sure what you mean. Comp is no fault system. If the employer is unsafe, in most states you can't sue them. If you do something unsafe, so far no effect. So "liability " isn't an issue.

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation and Family Law for Washington on
Q: How do I retain a new attorney?My current attorney has severe health issues & is very confused acting. Not doing his job

He no shows scheduled calls and when I do speak with him he asked me what "we" should do. He has to be reminded of past conversations and action plans. His last statement was that he wanted to get paid before he passes on. Not sure how to proceed.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 29, 2016

Sounds like you need to sit down with him, see what he has done, and his plan.The comp process can be the subject of misunderstanding, and he may be as frustrated as you but expressing it in ways that seem argumentative.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.