Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Colorado Criminal Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: Who do you reach out to for help if you feel like someone’s lawyer is not doing their job in a criminal case?

I have a few questions about how a friends case is being handled and not sure who I can reach out to to talk to.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Child Custody for Colorado on
Q: do I need to protect myself from a CFI report my girlfriends ex filed and he is using my background as the reason why?

My girlfriends ex has filed a CFI report and using charges that got dismissed from over 6 years ago n another one from 12 years ago as a way to say that I am a safety risk to the children. I get along with the children very well. but this has caused a lot of stress in our relationship and I... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: How much does it cost to file a request to have my felony reduced to a misdemeanor (or removed from my record)?

2008 F6 possession - sucessfully completed sentence in 2013,

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: I have a revocation of probation pending. I took a PLEA on a charge in August making me guilty of the violation.

The da wont budge on her deal leaving me 2 years doc or comcore Is there anything I can do to fight it or lessen the sentence.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: My brother is in federal custody and has a pending case in Denver.

Every time he is schedule to appear in front of a judge, he calls into the hearing but they skip over his case citing “he is in federal custody” and they issue a writ to reschedule the hearing. From my understanding, he can’t get assigned a public defender until he appears in front of a... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: I walked away from a halfway house how do I go about handling this behind me

I was sentenced to one-year Community Corrections and I completed 7 months but then I ran due to a family emergency I just want to know what my options are thank you

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Appeals / Appellate Law for Colorado on
Q: I agreed , begrudgingly, to a plea bargain in October 2021 and I wanted to know if it is too late to overturn the plea?

They originally charged me with theft, burgulary, drug charges, lying to a police officer- all felonies! They plea bargained down to all misdemeanors and my attorney was In affective and made me do a plea bargain and I didn’t do it. I do not want to be punished for a crime I didn’t do!!

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Domestic Violence for Colorado on
Q: Hello I want to know if the D.A. can make a wife testify against her husband ? When she wished to drop charges

The PD and officers jokingly summed up charges in a fashion to go hand in hand with background over 20 yrs ago in the same precinct. Also question my child who was only 12 at the time against parents consent and did it in private where they moreless coached and blackmailed her. testamonie my wife... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets and Car Accidents for Colorado on
Q: limitations on the 91 day clause regarding restitution.

I plead guilty to a traffic violation in July 2021. Part of my plea was that restitution would be ordered. In mid September, I received copies of invoices from the damage caused to the other vehicle. I asked for clearer unobstructed images of invoices, and for a breakdown and total amount of... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: If a parole officer doesn't revoke after the first new felony shouldn't they be in trouble if the parole continues to

Catch felonies because the parole officer allowed them to continue to be on parole after every arrest

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Civil Rights for Colorado on
Q: Ok let see if I can ask this the best I can, ok so I have autism and PTSD my ex girlfriend took advantage of me

During the 2020 election she she have filled out my ballot with out me knowing and I just signed it. Any legal recourse I can take?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: I am facing a term of probation on an offense I was never ticketed for nor summoned on but was arrested for a year later

On a warrant for the offense. Can I get this case dismissed?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: Is it second degree motor vehicle theft if I had son's car towed off my property?

Argument between Father and son son being disrespectful not coming and getting his junk vehicle calling father names as father I had the car removed called junk collector he come and towed the car away

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Criminal Law, Civil Litigation and Construction Law for Colorado on
Q: Can someone sue for triple damages for a check that someone stopped that was written for services on home completed

Check was deposited into account and dispersed to pay labor and other expenses and then a week later was removed from account.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: My Chaplain died and was holding things at his residence for me. His sons are keeping

my property. They Admit to having it. But refuse to give it back.. Can I file criminal charges?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: I was convicted of a felony in 2011. District court is now charging the 8%. Is this a violation of my plea?

Case was district court case. I agreed to pay 64,000 for a truck and now I owe I’ve 400,000 due to interest rates

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: Can a sheriff Dept be sued if they have a firearm back to someone who isn’t supposed to be in possession

My husband was arrested for a felony theft warrant recently and had his sidearm with him. Years ago he was charged with a domestic and can’t pass a background check to own a firearm but the sheriff gave it right back to him once he posted bond for the recent arrest

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: My husband feels he had misrepresentation of counsel.

How do I get a lawyer to go to the prison to go over his case with him or send him his motion of discovery?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Colorado on
Q: Is there an expiration date on a Protection order in Colorado? Can the court extend the years of order because of a FTA

The respondent is on probation out of state on a case that was extradited and not related to this case which was harrassment with a DV enhancer from 2018 and when unable to appear on this case the court automatically added 5 years to the protection order for failure to appear.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.