Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Florida Cannabis & Marijuana Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Cannabis & Marijuana Law and Constitutional Law for Florida on
Q: Can I obtain legal council pro bono I’m so not have a job or any money since being released from prison a year ago

I have a co defendant that is incarcerated for the charges of possession of cannabis greater than 20 grams

It is said that I have charges coming against me for sales of meth months prior

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron answered on Mar 28, 2022

If you are charged with a crime and cannot afford a private attorney, the Court will likely appoint an attorney to represent you at no cost to you. If you are seeking advice about your situation though not yet charged with anything, call criminal defense attorneys in your area, and you will... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Florida on
Q: Arrested earlier this year and offered a deal. I declined. Charged with the same event months later.

My discovery is completely inaccurate and it states that I waived my Miranda rights and incriminated myslef a great deal. I never waived my Miranda rights and they put all those words in my mouth, I never said I did anything and that's how the report reads is that I said I did this and that... Read more »

Henry George Ferro
Henry George Ferro answered on Dec 16, 2021

I’m uncertain about what you are asking…or what the charges are? Hire the best lawyer you can and keep your mouth shut. Please re-ask your question.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Florida on
Q: My puppy ate my roommates weed and now she’s asking for the report, is this legal?

My 3 month old puppy ate some of my roommates weed and had to have an emergency visit. She is now asking for the vet records because she claims “I am creating false accusations”. She is not planning on doing anything legal with this, however she wants proof of the report saying weed was in my... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Oct 17, 2021

Is it "legal" for her to request the records? Yes. Do you have to comply? No.

1 Answer | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Florida on
Q: Would I be able to purchase a firearm in the state of florida once my medical marijuana card expires?

I already have my concealed weapon license but thinking of getting a MM card for my issues. Would i be barred from purchasing a firearm even after my mm card expires and i am clean?

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Jul 23, 2021

To my knowledge, having a medical marijuana card doesn't prevent you from buying a firearm. A similar question was asked here a few weeks ago, and that is what I also answered then.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Florida on
Q: 17 year old girl had 2 bags of candy endables and they were found at school in her book we need a lawyer bc the

School said they are only charging her with possession now it was turned over to the school officer and he said he is only charging for possession

Tom Murphy
Tom Murphy answered on May 25, 2021

She is charged with a crime. The state will automatically assign her an attorney from the Public Defender's office. You can hire your own attorney if you want.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Florida on
Q: Are text messages from 3rd party be admissible in Florida state court?

Here is the situation. The defendant is being sued for defamation and trespassing. If the partner of the defendant (who is not involved in the case) turns over text messages where the defendant admits to wrong doing to the plantiff, would these text messages be admissible in Florida state court ?... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Mar 25, 2021

It depends on whether the person sending the text messages and the person receiving them are both in court to answer questions about the text messages.

1 Answer | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law and Landlord - Tenant for Florida on
Q: My neighbors door stairs have a medical card saying the can smoke weed but the smell is getting into my apartment and my

My apartment complex won’t do anything about it what can I do ?

Barry W. Kaufman
Barry W. Kaufman answered on Oct 7, 2020

One thing you can do is ask your landlord to move you to another apartment. It would be at your expense. I suppose you've already talked to the neighbor, and he's refused to make accommodations for you.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Florida on
Q: How to drop charges for something he didn't commit?

for being framed

Jeffrey H. Garland
Jeffrey H. Garland answered on Sep 27, 2020

What happened is he possessed a package with a controlled substance. This scenario is not as uncommon as you might think. The best way to address this situation is through a qualified and experienced lawyer. There may be other facts that you may not be aware of. Even if the marijuana charge is... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Florida on
Q: Do I qualify to have my misdemeanor expunged from my records?

My case ended in a plea of Nolo contendere. My case was handled in pinellas county. The alleged offence was possession of marijuana.

Jonathan Blecher
Jonathan Blecher answered on Jul 14, 2020

Provided you have no convictions for any other offenses in your past, a withhold of adjudication on possession of marijuana should be eligible for a record sealing, not an expungement. Expungements are reserved for charges that have been dismissed by a judge or dropped by the State.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Florida on
Q: Hello! I'm a medical marijuana patient in Florida, am I allowed to carry cannabis in my car?

I'm hoping to learn the statutes, and regulations

Jonathan Blecher
Jonathan Blecher answered on Jun 5, 2020

Like other prescribed controlled substances, you must carry them in their pharmacy dispensed container with original labeling. Additionally, you must carry your valid MM card with you.

1 Answer | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Florida on
Q: I was buying weed & I sent him the money first. Got no product, disputed money with bank. They r going to cops.

I was marijuana from someone. He asked me to send him the money first, I did. He then asked me to do a delivery fee, which I did. I did this all under my name because he never said otherwise. Things then began to get weird. He asked to see my medical card, which is my mothers who I was helping with... Read more »

Jeffrey Snyder
Jeffrey Snyder answered on Apr 28, 2020

Time to stop posting facts about your potential criminal case and start contacting criminal law attorneys asap.

2 Answers | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law and Landlord - Tenant for Florida on
Q: My family wants to all of a sudden drug test me to stay in the house.

I’ve been in multiple accidents and have been dealing with pain for a while. I occasionally need it for that. I used to take narcotic and non narcotic prescription drugs prescribed to me by a pain doctor and all the others who saw me. My attitude and my emotions changed for the worse as side... Read more »

Jean Richardson
Jean Richardson answered on Apr 13, 2020

Your issue is more personal than legal. Your family can't force you to take a drug test. It sounds like they don't want you to smoke in their house. That is not an unreasonable request. It also sounds like you taking a drug test is a condition precedent to you remaining in their house.... Read more »

View More Answers

Q: Working for a company and having Medical marijuana

Is it illegal for an employer to refuse to hire someone due to smoking marijuana even if they have a medical marijuana card? The company is saying they have a strict "drug free policy" and cannot excuse marijuana from the drug screening even if a medical card is provided. The type of job... Read more »

Richard Paul Zaretsky
Richard Paul Zaretsky answered on Mar 16, 2020

The employer is entitled to set requirements for the job. If qualifying in a drug free environment is one of the requirements, then you right (in Florida) to use medical marijuana does not exempt you from that requirement. For example, the employer can require that no person working can take cold... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.