Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Lemon Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Georgia Lemon Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Products Liability and Lemon Law for Georgia on
Q: Need a lawyer who services the state of Georgia regardless of in state or out of state.
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Aug 4, 2021

Contact the Ga. Trial Lawyers Assn and they can help you find a lawyer for your type of claim. Their members give free consults.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation and Lemon Law for Georgia on
Q: Can I be sued over a verbal agreement that the sued has altered to benefit herself?

I recently bought a car from a private seller we negotiated a verbal agreement that I will pay her $2,000 upfront cash and then pair a thousand following week to close the deal after the week of test driving it she is recently has changed the verbal agreement upon the fact that the car motor had... View More

Priscilla T. Upshaw
Priscilla T. Upshaw
answered on Jun 29, 2020

It is best to contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss the specifics of your case.

We are glad to assist you. Contact us whenever you are ready.

We wish you well.

-The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Lemon Law and Contracts for Georgia on
Q: I purchased a vehicle yesterday from Toyota and today the engine light came on. Can I return it and my contact be void
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Jul 8, 2019

Probably not; but you should take the new car to the dealer for repairs under the warranty--otherwise it may void the warranty. If the dealer discovers some terrible problem, they will either replace it or fix it. None of this has anything to do with the debt you agreed to pay for the new car.

1 Answer | Asked in Lemon Law for Georgia on
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Oct 23, 2018

You can find them under lemon law attorneys.

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Lemon Law and Small Claims for Georgia on
Q: I was served with a lawsuit for debt on a car that was voluntarily repossessed for 9,665.90. How do i negotiate this

I don't want to file bankruptcy because I want to buy a house. The creditor stated I could make them a settlement offer or make monthly installments. Should I have a lawyer negotiate this for me or start at accepting 40% of the debt. The car was only sold for $600 at a private sale. I was... View More

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Jun 14, 2018

Hire an attorney, let him negotiate the debt, pay settlement lump sum.

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Juvenile Law and Lemon Law for Georgia on
Q: My wife and I had our son before we got married. He is almost ten years old now . Should I still legitimize him?

Also I have police reports where one guy "her ex" kicked the door in and broke TV and caused a really big scene in front of my 9 and 3 year old because she had another man in the bed with her. It's adultery. How long do I have to file a divorce to commit her for it? I just... View More

Regina Irene Edwards
Regina Irene Edwards pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 15, 2018

The marriage legitimated your child, so you don't have to file to legitimate him. Filing for divorce based upon adultery doesn't give you an advantage unless there is a possibility of alimony. Most people divorcing are sleeping with someone else, so judges don't care anymore. 99%... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Lemon Law and Products Liability for Georgia on
Q: I recently purchased a new 2017 vehicle. It had 88 miles when purchased. Three weeks later at around 500 miles it was

diagnosed to have the incorrect camshaft installed on the motor. What does the law say? Don't want new $50k car with damaged goods. Thank you

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Dec 19, 2016

Assuming it's under warranty, they should fix it and give you a loaner. Ask for a return, but even under the lemon law they are given time to fix it.

If they don't give yoiu a return take it up with the corporate HQ, you can also check with the consumer division of the NJ...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Lemon Law and Car Accidents for Georgia on
Q: is it illegal for a dealership to sell a vehicle that is already registered to someone else
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Jan 13, 2016

Depends. It is legal to sell a vehicle for someone with their permission and agreement.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general information. It is NOT legal advice, and it may not work for your specific...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Lemon Law and Car Accidents for Georgia on
Q: Hello, I was in a car accident on Saturday 9-18-15 due to a used tire bought on Friday 9-17-2015....Do I have a law suit
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Sep 22, 2015

I doubt it, but you might want to see a personal injury attorney about this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.