Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kansas Divorce Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Child Custody, Divorce, Family Law and Education Law for Kansas on
Q: Can a 15 year old in Missouri hire a lawyer to represent her in a divorce case when the GAL is lying and not listening?

I would like to hire a lawyer to represent myself and my little sister in a divorce case. The GAL assigned to us has lied many times about what we have said, has accused my mother of things she has not done and has totally disregarded anything we say. She says the judge will not talk to us, and... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce, Family Law and Insurance Defense for Kansas on
Q: My wife received a death benefit from a life insurance policy held by her former spouse. Upon notification of the

benefit, my wife provided the insurance company with copies of the Death Certificate and Divorce Decree. The insurer reviewed the documents and issued the death benefit. Her children are now threatening to sue her for the money based on the fact that Kansas Law 59-105 was passed a few months... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Kansas on
Q: Wife walked out. I have proof of racism in workspace. Can I tell her get back home or I release this or no?

Ks divorce. Info stumbled upon that now proves she and company screwed minority out of a promotion. Can I use the info to force her baCk home or ill give it to say naacp or something

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce, Immigration Law and Tax Law for Kansas on
Q: Am I legally allowed to give up my green card in the middle of a divorce?
Nadine C. Atkinson-Flowers
Nadine C. Atkinson-Flowers
answered on Feb 28, 2022

You need to speak to a lawyer ASAP. You would need to put more details to explain more clearly however, IF you already have your green card and you are getting a divorce there is no law that says you have to "give it up" as you say.

IF you are in the process of getting the green...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Divorce, Family Law and International Law for Kansas on
Q: I married a British woman while she was living in the US. We got pregnant and decided to have the child in England since

It was free. Since then we have split. While visiting she refused to allow my child to go to the embassy to get a USA social security number. She refuses to come back to the US for a divorce because she doesn’t want to go through a custody hearing. What can I do to get joint custody and get... Read more »

David Luther Woodward
David Luther Woodward
answered on Feb 10, 2022

You can probably sue her in the U. K.

Filing suit here would require you to have personal service of process on the spouse, which is not impossible, but tricky.

BTW, the child probably is a dual citizen, and that is a prileged status. He should not only a British but also an...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Family Law and Real Estate Law for Kansas on
Q: I've been divorced a few years. My ex-husband refuses to remove my name from the mortgage.

Our divorce decree did not specify my removal. I contacted the mortgage company and they said he will have to initiate my removal. We live in Kansas. Do I have any options?

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
answered on May 21, 2020

If the Mortgagee wants to keep you on the Mortgage, there is nothing you can do but pay it off. The former Spouse probably does not want, or cannot, refinance the loan.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Family Law and Immigration Law for Kansas on
Q: Can I bring my fiancé from Egypt to the US?

My fiancé is from Egypt and I am a US citizen. We meet all the requirements in the Fiancé visa but we didn’t met because meeting before marriage violates our cultural and religious values. What can I do about this.

Adan Vega
Adan Vega
answered on Feb 26, 2020

The first page of the instructions of the FORM I-129F indicates that you are required to meet your fiance unless you can establish that meeting your fiancé in person will (1) violate strict and long - established customs of your fiance’s foreign culture /social practice or (2) result in extreme... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Kansas on
Q: If you married somne who was illegal unknowingly and left 2 days after and haven't heard or seen them in 18 years a

Are you legally married if they aren't legal

Kevin L Dixler
Kevin L Dixler
answered on Dec 26, 2018

No one unknowingly gets married. If you were married, and the marriage was registered and/or lawful, then the state rules of law apply where the marriage took place.

All human beings are legal for marriage purposes unless they are blood related to you or already married to someone else....
Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Kansas on
Q: What state do i file divorce in? Married in Mo. Live in Is. Husband unknown location

I was married in Missouri in 2008. I have lived iN KANSAS since March of 2017. I have no idea where my husband is. What state do i file for divorce in?

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce and Family Law for Kansas on
Q: My ex and I have a 2yr old. She wants to move 5 hrs. away with a guys who just got out of prison what Can I do?

She’s not working I’ve been paying for everything. She wants two weeks with me two with her and meet in the middle it’s where and who my daughter is going to be around. Can I fight so she can’t be around a guy who just got out of prison a year ago?

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Kansas on
Q: My daughter's mother has not paid child support in 10 months.

Over the last 3 years, I may have seen $500 dollars from her. (She is supposed to pay $208 a month) She won't keep a job, and I'm not sure what we can do legally.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Estate Planning for Kansas on
Q: Would divorcing wife now, but continuing to live with her, still allow for Medicaid long term care 6 years from now?

I have stage 2 Parkinson's and will require long term care in the future. I have a pension, social security income that totals 50,000 dollars, which will go towards partial long term care when needed. I will likely need another 50,000 dollars for long term care. The question I need answered... Read more »

Kenneth V Zichi
Kenneth V Zichi
answered on May 2, 2017

This sounds familiar -- have you asked this question before perhaps on a different legal advice website? The answer is the same. Your situation is FAR too complicated and fact specific to expect a good answer in this sort of forum. You need to consult with a local elder law / estate planning... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Estate Planning and Health Care Law for Kansas on
Q: Can I divorce my wife, but then live with her for more than 5 years in order to protect assets from Medicaid look back?

I have stage 2 Parkinson's. My wife and I have discussed divorce as a means to protect our limited assets from being absorbed by my future long term care needs. Our thinking is divorce now and then hope I don't need any long term care for more than 5 years from now, at which point apply... Read more »

Kenneth V Zichi
Kenneth V Zichi
answered on Apr 27, 2017

There are ways to separate your assets without divorce, and protections for a 'community spouse' that will not force her into penury because of your illness.

You need to speak to a qualified local elder planning attorney to determine what you should do. Divorce is usually NOT a...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Kansas on
Q: I am trying to get a divorce but I don't know where he is and I don't have a lot of money. Can anyone help?
Brian Lehman
Brian Lehman
answered on Jan 20, 2017

Check out, which allows you to apply for free legal services if you don't have enough money.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Kansas on
Q: Can a person legally be servied divorce papers while in jail.
Timothy J. Pickens
Timothy J. Pickens
answered on Apr 23, 2013

Yes, but the procedure for this is very specific.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.