Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Missouri Municipal Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Missouri on
Q: At my polling place in Missouri, there are no booths- only round tables where voters sit to fill out ballots.

Ballots are requested verbally and ballot party affiliation can be seen by others before being seated. Multiple voters are seated at the same round table. This seems like a breach of voting procedure law. How does this work?

1 Answer | Asked in Municipal Law for Missouri on
Q: Why are me an my wife being charged with assualt for defending our selves

My wife's sister tried rushing me so I defended myself till she stopped coming at me as soon as my wife walked inside she was assaulted by her sister also now both my wife and I have assault charges for defending our selves when her sister was the aggressor wife's mother says she's... Read more »

Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
answered on Mar 9, 2022

You are being charged because the prosecutor believes you committed an assault. You should hire a good, local criminal defense attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Municipal Law for Missouri on
Q: What do i do if the prosecutor of my case has lost my firearm and it's legal and in my name and has no charges
Caroline Bundy
Caroline Bundy
answered on Feb 22, 2021

The prosecutor does not retain custody of people's belongings, but regardless I would speak to a criminal attorney to better help you with your question.

1 Answer | Asked in Municipal Law for Missouri on
Q: Are verbal resignations accepted?

How long after an Officer walks out of the meeting do they have to resign? Can they just be absent with no notice if they are staying or going.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Feb 4, 2020

Your post remains open for five weeks. At this point, you could consider contacting an employment attorney, possibly one who is familiar with protocols for municipal employees. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

0 Answers | Asked in Business Formation, Landlord - Tenant and Municipal Law for Missouri on
Q: Do businesses who have tenants living above them have to be quiet after a certain time?

When I moved in, the store below me was an antique store. Now it is a drink "bar". After talking with the store/business owner, I was assured there would be no loud music, it would be a calm place. Now, as I was told, "the dynamic has changed". The live DJ's on Sunday... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets and Municipal Law for Missouri on
Q: I bonded out on a speeding ticket can i have someone show up to court on my behalf due to my absence
Andrea Rogers
Andrea Rogers
answered on Feb 13, 2018

The only person who can show up in court on your behalf is a licensed attorney.

If you paid the bond and they gave you a new court date, here are your choices: 1) you can plead guilty by paying the fine before the court date (if it's the type of ticket that can be paid out of court),...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.