Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
New Mexico Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Gov & Administrative Law for New Mexico on
Q: excluded from my husband's trial by judge in attempt to railroad his conviction stating I'm on DA witness list Privlege

What redress is there for our rights violation of protection from being compelled to testify against spouse

Right to public trial

Misuse of legal process

Abuse judical discretion

Malicious prosecution

Constitutional law enforcement's

Alienation... Read more »

Q: If the NM Supreme court gives your writ of certiorari a docket # does that mean the court granted the writ?

I filed a writ of certiorari because a district courts decision to ignore a properly filed Habeas Corpus in a void case due to subject matter jurisdiction and procedure irregularities in the case that was filed in 2004.

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law for New Mexico on
Q: Can you appeal a civil judgement passed by administrative judge, Can an administrative judge issue a contempt of court?


Joel F. Murray
Joel F. Murray
answered on Feb 13, 2022

Generally, there is a process where you can appeal a final administrative decision to court. The process for doing so varies by jurisdiction.

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Personal Injury for New Mexico on
Q: I need help filing a State Tort Claims Act

orking at the New Mexico State Veterans Home in Truth or Consequences and was attacked by a resident. I suffered a concussion and later found out I have psuedo seizures with PTSD. The incident occurred on August 23, 2018. I live in Meridian, MS and a attorney here has advised me to get an attorney... Read more »

Concetto Kirk Di Giacomo
Concetto Kirk Di Giacomo
answered on Jan 7, 2020

I’m terribly sorry to hear of your injury.

If you are interested in suing under the NM Tort Claims Act, you need to “get moving” on this claim immediately. Unfortunately, the mandatory time period within which you must file a claim may have already passed; under N.M.S.A. 41-4-16 you...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Consumer Law for New Mexico on
Q: help with mutual domestic company billing practices and cut offs.

las cruces new mexico mutual domestic water (moongate water company

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Nov 21, 2019

Your post remains open for four weeks. At this point, you could look into whether the New Mexico Public Regulation Commission might be able to offer guidance. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law for New Mexico on
Q: Can relatives serve together on a state board?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Feb 9, 2017

You'd have to look at the particular board's enacting statute and regulations. Some have a non-nepotism rule that might apply.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.