Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oregon Products Liability Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Personal Injury, Products Liability and Small Claims for Oregon on
Q: How/where do I get compensated for hair loss from a hair product with misleading/false claims?

Hi, I’ve been looking for a lawyer to take my case, but with no avail. So I’ve been trying to do it on my own, but can’t. I would greatly appreciate knowing where or how I can get help getting compensation for this, if/what letter I can send, or if I have to go to small claims, etc.. Thank... Read more »

Virgil Royer
Virgil Royer answered on Sep 24, 2021

There are few things more frustrating that companies that make promises to their customers, who rely on the promise, then only to find out that it is a lie. "Best Burgers in Town", "World-Famous Pizza", those all make us expect their products to be good--if not the best in town.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Products Liability and Trademark for Oregon on
Q: Is the word “Witcher” by itself trademarked/copyrighted? Can I use the word to name a business?
Marcos Garciaacosta
Marcos Garciaacosta answered on May 25, 2021

Maybe, it depends

You need to consult with an attorney to review your case and see what risks and options you have

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Consumer Law, Personal Injury and Products Liability for Oregon on
Q: In 1974 I was a victim of a flammable pajamas incident. Skin grafting involves. They should be held accountable !!
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jun 7, 2020

This is something on which an Oregon attorney could advise best, but you await a response for a week. I'm sorry for your ordeal and the serious injuries you must have suffered to necessitate skin grafting. Unfortunately, it might be difficult to pursue legal remedies at this point in time. You... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Oregon on
Q: My bike was stolen from my work which is at a restaurant. It was on the restaurants property outside.

Does my bosses insurance cover the bike and pay the value of it ?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Feb 21, 2020

It could depend on the individual insurance policy. Policies can differ from one another in terms of their scope (how far they go in covering different types of losses) and their limits (the money cap on what they pay out for losses). Without seeing the policy, it's difficult to answer the... Read more »

3 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury and Products Liability for Oregon on
Q: What should we do with my sons Dr? He implanted a medical device in my sons heart that has been recalled by the FDA

my son almost died from infection in his heart from the implant . now he has tried to say my sons valve should be repaired but nothing about taking the device out that has made him sick and is recalled. I feel the dr is lying and has lied to cover up mistakes such as implanted the wrong size as... Read more »

Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman answered on Jan 8, 2020

You say that your son is now an adult so your son will need to be the person that seeks additional medical advice or who contacts an Attorney if he feels that there was medical malpractice. You should talk to your son and encourage him to seek medical advice from another heart surgeon.... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Copyright and Products Liability for Oregon on
Q: I won an abandoned storage unit in PDX owned by a film company. Can I sell the manuscripts/ reels/ photos back to them?

The unit contained not only the manuscripts/reels/files/notes/art for most of the films they have ever produced, but I have over 20,000 personal family photos dating back to the 1920's, and original artwork of a locally famous painter related to the films studio owner.

I want to... Read more »

Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens answered on Dec 22, 2018

The items are now your personal property. Keep in mind you only have the property rights, so some items would have intellectual property rights to them (for instance copyright on the manuscript) so you just own that copy, not the rights to the films.

The one thing to keep in mind, is if you...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability and Small Claims for Oregon on
Q: Continuing with the liability release form is their signature enough to complete this release?

question was answered thanks

Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman answered on Apr 25, 2018

Since we have no idea what you are talking about there is no way to answer your question. Sorry.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Products Liability for Oregon on
Q: Need help about filling out a release of liability form

Hi, I have a question about dealing with an auto accident between two parties who both agreed to take care of the accident privately. The accident occurred in Oregon state but one of the drivers lives in Washington. Under which state should I fill out a Auto Accident Release of Liability Form? Can... Read more »

Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens answered on Apr 24, 2018

Honestly, it would not matter, to the extent there would be different forms. A release would be a release. The accident occurred in Oregon, which means that is really the proper forum.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Products Liability for Oregon on
Q: Me and my son bought a 2007 subaru wrx sti from a car lot in Portlland Or. for $18900.

driving home from car lot about 20 miles down the road the left front wheel fell off and damaged the car and wheel and some other things. thankfully he was off the freeway. we called the car lot and they told us we bought the car as is and it was our problem. so we had the car toed home. I feel... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jan 3, 2018

Have a mechanic give you an estimate for the repairs, say what happened on it. Get it fixed. File a complaint with whatever agencies license used car sales as well as the AG's bureau of consumer protection.

If you were injured contact a member of the Oregon Assn for Justice--they give...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability and Car Accidents for Oregon on
Q: shift gear doesnt lock on 2010 ram

So a few days ago, i parked and turn off my truck and told my kids to unlock them self while i check mail, which is a few steps away. Keep in mind truck was off&parked, i had the keys on my hand and then i look over my shoulder and the truck is moving. I run towards the truck because my kids... Read more »

William C. Head
William C. Head answered on Aug 17, 2017

A few years back, Jeep had similar issue, causing death and injuries. Possibly same issues, since Dodge is part of same company.

Call this law firm, which handles class actions, to see if they can help.


Ask for Joel Wooten or Jim...
Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Products Liability for Oregon on
Q: What's the first step in suing a Hair product company??

Hello.. I am writing someone in reguards of a hair product... couple weeks ago, my cousin wanted to change her hair.. so we went to Fred Meyers and bought a $10 dollar Splat box... when it was done.. it turned out perfect.. just a few days later... my cousin is repeatedly losing hair.. and... Read more »

Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman answered on Dec 30, 2016

Attorneys bring lawsuits but experts are required to establish that someone was negligent. An attorney can't do that. So you have to find someone knowledgeable about hair products and their use that can examine your cousins hair and explain to you why the use of this product caused your... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability and Real Estate Law for Oregon on
Q: I have a 12 year old cherry tree who's roots uplifted a neighbor's walkway. Am I liable for the damages?

This old cherry tree used to sit with the trunk on my side of our property. Over the years its roots grew towards some water drainage on the other side of the fence (in the neighbor's yard). It uplifted their cement walkway by about 2 inches. When they notified me about it, I quickly had... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Dec 8, 2016

You could ask your homeowners. Overhanging branches are a form of trespass. Roots it's not so clear. If they are held to be trespassing and lift the pavement the answer would be yes. However it's possible that from some readings the law would be no.

It is not really clear.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Criminal Law, Products Liability and Small Claims for Oregon on
Q: Is the garbage company responsible for damage due to a can left on driveway that snapped the car mirror while reversing?

The can was placed back inward the driveway and broke the drivers side mirror while reversing, barely clipped it. Photos indicate the can was on "personal property" says the garbage company so they won't take any responsibility and now I have $600 of damages/wage loss due to the... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 20, 2016

Their duty is to empty cans (I'm assuming this is municipal). They are never under a duty to place them a particular location.Bigger issue is it was a stationary object. The general rule is the vehicle in motion has the duty to look for stationary objects, vehicles even if they aren't... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability and Consumer Law for Oregon on
Q: The Verizon location at Mall 205 in Portland violated the Unlawful Trade Practices Act.Do I have a case?

They knowingly forced me to pay for a tablet they knew to be defective for 9 months. It was tested by one of their salespeople on-site.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 25, 2016

A lot is fact specific and your damages would be the cost of what you paid (or payment plus monthly charges). Suggest you write them a demand letter for starters--any judge will want to see that you asked. No, you don't get paid for hassle of it, waiting on hold, and other fun Verizon times.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Oregon on
Q: Mi dad died from mesothelioma. He settled with Ethicon. As his daughter could I have a case
Adam T. Funk
Adam T. Funk answered on Mar 25, 2014

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Your questions depends on the Release of claims your father signed. It is possible he released any and all claims that could be brought by his heirs on his behalf. This, however, does not mean that you are forever barred. It just depends on the Release... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.