Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
South Carolina Insurance Bad Faith Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Contracts and Insurance Bad Faith for South Carolina on
Q: Can I do anything about my mother's husband keeping her life insurance payout (s)?

He promised the family he would do the right thing and share with her kids.

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for South Carolina on
Q: I’m being sued because of a traffic accident (7/27/21). My insurance company said that my insurance isn’t sufficient.

What can I do? I just received the notice a few days ago

Carole Jean Hayes
Carole Jean Hayes
answered on Aug 16, 2022

Ask your insurance agent, or if there has been a defense attorney assigned to you by your insurance company, ask that attorney what that means. Your insurance company is going to provide an attorney for you at no extra charge to frfff we no a possible lawsuit. It sounds like you may not have enough... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for South Carolina on
Q: I got into a accident in my boss vehicle, it was a two way and I yielded improperly which resulted in a accident?

When the accident happen, my boss and I check to make sure nobody was hurt. We waited until firefighters arrived and we proceeded to give my licenses and his insurance cards. According to the state trooper my boss didn’t have insurance. Which my boss gasped and didn’t know why. He immediately... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Apr 10, 2022

A South Carolina attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. I'm sorry about your accident; I hope you are okay. In terms of liability, the other vehicle could choose to pursue recovery through their uninsured motorist protection - but that could be up to them.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for South Carolina on
Q: If two people own a car does it matter who files the sr22 insurance

Me and my wife was in an car accident uninsured she was driving we both on title and registration the DMV won't accept our sr22 cause it's not in my name

Jeffrey David Morris
Jeffrey David Morris
answered on May 20, 2021

The answer depends. In South Carolina, an insured is any named insured and in home resident relative unless that relative is a named excluded driver on the policy, but of course other rules apply at that time. You should consult an attorney who handles auto accident litigation.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Insurance Bad Faith and Personal Injury for South Carolina on
Q: In an accident, tboned a lady who pulled out. Her company accepted 100%> liable. Broken ribs, neck back tissue damage an

A sprained right arm. 25/50/25 in south Carolina car was totaled out . Any settlement suggestions haven't even had PT yet and they accept liability

Taylor Silver
Taylor Silver
answered on Jun 14, 2020

Before you settle your claim, I highly suggest you at least have a brief consultation with a local attorney. Most should be willing to give you advice on an hourly basis if you want to try and handle settlement negotiations on your own (although, I don't recommend that generally).... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for South Carolina on
Q: When I file a complaint in the court of common pleas in SC, how long after do I have to wait to send my interrogatories?

I had to file a lawsuit against two drivers that collided with eachother. I was at the red light when they hit each other and ended up hitting my car. Both of their insurance companies are disagreeing on the liability so my car is a total loss and has not been replaced and my medical bills are... Read more »

Carole Jean Hayes
Carole Jean Hayes
answered on Apr 27, 2020

Some people actually send the discovery requests with the complaint when it gets served. I would suggest waiting until they file an answer, wherein they will probably deny everything, and then send the interrogatories, request for production of documents and anything else you might want to send... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Insurance Bad Faith and Insurance Defense for South Carolina on
Q: What to do after insurance canceled policy after accident?

After my brother was killed in a motorcycle accident, his insurance notified me that his policy had been canceled. They told me there was insufficient funds in his bank account to make the initial payment and I would not be able to reinstate the policy. When I called the bank, there was no evidence... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jul 16, 2016

It's not clear--if it's cancelled after that doesn't matter--it sticks as of the time of the crash. They can cancel the minute later and there is still coverage.If someone else was involved or it was a bike issue, then you need to speak with a member of the South Carolina Trial... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for South Carolina on
Q: Insurance company is denying testing and pharmacy benefits for invalid reasons. Bad faith case?

They are denying an MRI and stating the reason as being that I've already had one (I haven't). This has been going on for 3 months. For the last month they have denied me my pharmacy benefits for no reason, and after 26 calls and TEN HOURS on the phone with them, they still haven't... Read more »

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Jul 18, 2015

It could be bad faith. Contact a local insurance bad faith lawyer for a free consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.