Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
South Carolina Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Probate for South Carolina on
Q: Father passed away 15 years ago. No probate. Son is his biological heir. Son contacted that money is out there from

father to claim. Mother has died and her estate is in probate. Step son has POA. Does biological son have a right to recoup his father's estate, without it having to go to mother's probate to be shared with step-children?

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law for South Carolina on
Q: I bought a vehicle from an individual but she never transferred the title from the previous owner . What legal action.

What legal action can I take trying to contact no response.

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Gov & Administrative Law for South Carolina on
Q: My UI claim was blocked because I was enlisted in the EUC program incorrectly, but it was never fixed. How do I fix it?

I filed for all assistance as a 'gig' worker, but was incorrectly placed in the EUC program. They used incorrect and outdated employment history. I filed an appeal, but it was dropped without explanation. My account was frozen on the EUC claim, which I was certifying every week until I... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law and Tax Law for South Carolina on
Q: I filed a Property Tax Exemption on Real Property in South Carolina. I am a Veteran 100 permanent and total.

Can I get my refund back from the Tax year 2020? On the effective date, I became 100% permanent and total of Dec 01, 2020.

0 Answers | Asked in Construction Law and Contracts for South Carolina on
Q: I was hired to complete a construction task for a lady. I sent her a contract with scope of work and payment schedule

She has not paid me in full she has only paid me $409 of $2800. Do I have any hopes of getting compensation?

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for South Carolina on
Q: Is there a form to file for an annulment in SC?
0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for South Carolina on
Q: my vehicle was impounded during a traffic stop in which the vin number for the vehicle in violation does not match mine

is it legal for my vehicle to be in impound and for me to have to pay to get ot out?

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for South Carolina on
Q: I would like to get an annulment in South Carolina. We have never lived together.

Is there a form I can file?

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for South Carolina on
Q: after eviction done and renter does not move out. what is next? call police?

Renter was to stay a month and work for me. He did, says he has no place to go. He has broke the rules of no drinking drugs and getting violent in the home. Ambulance will not take him. the cops did not take him. We want him gone. We served a 14 day eviction notice. what can I do?

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for South Carolina on
Q: Is there anything that could be done about a car towed I've tried to get my car SEVERAL times now for 2 months

I had the money when the car got towed and when I finally found the company it was at. The guy said he didn't work weekends could tell me how much car was and couldn't let me get it. But still went up daily. Then several other times his phone went to voicemail or said wrong number. Had... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for South Carolina on
Q: What is the fine for 1st offense Section 56-3-1360 traffic violation

Only 2nd traffic violation, 1st being a speeding ticket

Ryan D Templeton
Ryan D Templeton answered on Sep 13, 2021

That statute does not provide for a penalty so you have to go to:

SECTION 56-3-2520. Penalties.

It is a misdemeanor for any person to violate any of the provisions of this chapter unless such violation is by this chapter or other law of this State declared to be a felony. Unless...
Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for South Carolina on
Q: Can a driver park their vehicle on the side of the road in front of your home legally without your consent?

I contacted my neighbor and its her visitor and told her he couldn't park there and she refusing to move the vehicle. We live in the county in the state of South Carolina.

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for South Carolina on
Q: Am I in the right to tell them no about taking her out of state ?

He moved to north Carolina 2 years ago and stopped talking to me for 6 months before we finally split , him and his family have been told multiple times they can come see her and still haven't tried to His mother and step dad call and talk to our daughter a few times a month but he has had... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law for South Carolina on
Q: Is there a law where a dealer drops off a car. The contract falls ,the vehicle is never picked up, and i can keep it?

I'm tired of calling the dealer to find out when they'll pick up the car and when my refund will be given back. They just keep saying they'll call back. So i'm thinking maybe there is a god and wants me to have this car for free!. Please tell me there's a law like that :) i... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for South Carolina on
Q: I had an Amazon driver walk on my freshly cemented walkway. not blocked off but had a large sign.

I had a large sign they walked past and parked by but not blocked off. I also have video of him walking the entirety of the walkway leaving footprints back and forth the entire length. I turned in report and they asked where it was blocked off. It wasn’t. It had a sign approximately 3 ft tall.... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for South Carolina on
Q: My father passed away 10 years ago and left money for his children, last year we found out that there was another child.

The child found out about the money and wants my siblings and I to pay her a portion of the money (spent 10 years ago) that we received. Would this result in wages being garnished without consent or a court order?

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law for South Carolina on
Q: Can a south carolina loan company refuse a payment?

I'm referring to any payment offered by a customer no matter if they are late?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.