Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
South Carolina Legal Malpractice Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Legal Malpractice for South Carolina on
Q: I need a lawyer to look into my now settled arson case pled out to vandalism can't get my motion of discovery

The short of it is I was set up for burning my own house down with all my stuff in it not an insurance job a cheating girlfriends now of age boyfriend that was never told about during there investigation but went into a fire station and told them that I was bragging to him that I done it and even... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 11, 2023

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. If you have already settled your case and are still seeking your motion of discovery, you may want to consider seeking the help of an attorney who specializes in criminal law.

Here are some steps you can take:

Consult with a criminal...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Estate Planning, Civil Litigation and Legal Malpractice for South Carolina on
Q: Can your lawyer ask you to sign blank hearing papers without a court date filled set?

My attorney had me in emotional distress at our probate mediation, while he had me mentally under pressure after telling me that we were signing PR over to the plaintiff or its 5 to 10 years in prison he asked me to sign a paper stating my presence at mediation. It took me a minute but I was trying... View More

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Jul 17, 2019

I am sure most if not all experienced lawyers who read all the horrible facts you alleged and your extremely unusual question will have the same immediate response as I did: This is impossible.

On the other hand, if everything you say is 100% true your best option is to report your lawyer...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and Legal Malpractice for South Carolina on
Q: At work of they ask you to leave early due to labor can you legally say no in leaving.
Jeremy R. Summerlin
Jeremy R. Summerlin
answered on Apr 2, 2018

You can say no, but your employer would have every right to fire you for insubordination. SC is an at-will employment state, so unless the decision to send employees home is motivated by race, age, disability, sex, or other protected reason, the employer can send people home early.

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice for South Carolina on
Q: Looking for an attorney to fight a litigation on contingency basis in Greenville,SC Dist Ct & Need List ofAttorneys.

Have a judgement from Dist Ct on account of wrong representation and hence

need to make it right and have a legitimate claim for 10k with all the proofs.

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
answered on Nov 5, 2015

Google "attorneys greenville sc". I see a bunch of them.

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice for South Carolina on
Q: Moving out of a rented house, my lease terminated the 10th of August, my roommate who is staying, starts the 1st.

Is this legal? They are charging her the full months rent and I am not receiving a refund.

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Aug 4, 2015

This sounds like a landlord/tenant or real estate question, not a legal malpractice question.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is general information that is given for legal education only. It is not legal advice, and it...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice for South Carolina on
Q: is legal zoom legal in south carolina
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Aug 3, 2015

Do they sell products there?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.