Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
West Virginia Civil Litigation Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for West Virginia on
Q: I bought a car in march of 2021 from jd buy rider in Evansville Indiana with a rolled back odometer

According to carfax records the vehicle vin showed an odometer reading of 131674 miles on January 12th 2021 on February 18th of 2021 the odometer reading was 104661 I

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation for West Virginia on
Q: WV code 17C 14-13 ; does an HOA board have the right to invoke this code on a resident owner that parks on the roadway

the parking blocks the right lane of travel more that 75%. The resident also parks a truck trailer combination on the road. it is a violation of rules to park a trailer on the road.

Also parks across from my driveway, making it difficult to exit, especially when hauling a trailer.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for West Virginia on
Q: What kind of lawyer takes care of getting people out of a house sold on land contract who aren’t making payments?

We sold a house on land contract nearly 2 years ago. Since the sale the buyer has been late on nearly half of his payments. I sent him a letter of delinquency a few months ago on which he gave me a sob story about COVID hurting his job. Well He is back to work now, still late on last months, this... Read more »

Brooks West II
Brooks West II answered on Jul 8, 2020

A real estate lawyer would probably be the best kind of lawyer for this issue. Hope this helps.

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law, Civil Litigation and Personal Injury for West Virginia on
Q: What happens in a civil litigation if it consists of a animal bite.what steps will happen?
Brooks West II
Brooks West II answered on Oct 14, 2019

It depends. A personal injury case involving an animal bite can sometimes be settled just like a car accident type case before a lawsuit even needs to be filed. The first step would be to call an attorney experienced in dog bite cases and get a free consultation. Although dog bite cases can be... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Business Formation, Business Law and Civil Litigation for West Virginia on
Q: Issue with electric provider

My electric provider states that I added the incorrect payment information and therefore is denying me the ability to correct my incorrect payment information, will not allow me to pay by phone, and is only giving me the option of paying in person. Do I have any legal recourse? Also there is a... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Oct 6, 2019

I'm sorry for your ordeal with your electric bill. The Public Service Commission of West Virginia oversees public utilities - electric, gas, water, etc. Maybe you could contact them and ask if there is anything they could do to help.

Their website is:
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for West Virginia on
Q: i sustained multiple cruel and unusual punishments while in north central region jail in wv .may i sue for this?

pictures and grievances filed for an attorney to see. can someone help me?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on May 23, 2019

Contact the WVa Civil Liberties Union, ask for names of "cooperating attorneys" who handle prison litigation. They usually give free consults and can tell you if you have a case.

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability and Civil Litigation for West Virginia on
Q: Why would the lawyers representativing me not be the lawyers I signed a contract with?

I am the mdl in the west Virginia court and I see I have a case and number but the lawyer representativing is from another law firm si I am confused. Also do you have to be present for these trials

Robert D. Kreisman
Robert D. Kreisman answered on May 16, 2017

I would suggest you get a clear answer to your question about who your attorney is from the counsel you originally hired and signed a contract with. In many of these MDL product defect cases, lawyers will collaborate with other lawyers/law firms who may have already litigated the same type of case... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for West Virginia on
Q: how do I get a pro bono attorey in civil suit

in a fraudulent voncealment case in civil action

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Oct 27, 2015

You probably cannot get a pro bono attorney. Have you called legal aid?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.