Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Public Benefits legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Wisconsin Public Benefits Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Public Benefits for Wisconsin on
Q: I live in Wisconsin and just my kids receive badgercare. Am I exempt from wage garnishment?
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 18, 2024

In Wisconsin, BadgerCare, which is the state's Medicaid program, provides health care coverage to eligible individuals and families. While BadgerCare itself does not necessarily exempt someone from wage garnishment, the rules regarding wage garnishment generally fall under federal and state... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Public Benefits and Family Law for Wisconsin on
Q: Just clarifying that if my dad loses his assistance thru inclusa as per STATE STATUTE 55.02(2) and SINCE HE IS in prote

SINCE HE IS IN PROTECTIVE PLACEMENT that according to the statute he is to be taken care of by the county and or state funding. In the least restrictive place. ( he is in assisted living can from nursing home ) he is totally self dependent and does not need nursing home care. I am worried that... View More

Brady R. Henderson
Brady R. Henderson
answered on Mar 18, 2019

Both Wisconsin law and federal law provide a right for a person being cared for due to a disability to be given the least restrictive placement. Sometimes court battles arise because that person, the person's guardian or family and the state disagree as to what placement is required. If you... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Public Benefits for Wisconsin on
Q: How to get Driver's License extension when on STEM-OPT pending?

Currently on OPT-EAD (Expired in October 2018). Applied for STEM-OPT extension in September 2018. Recently moved to Madison,WI. Out-of-state driver's license expiring in December. Local DMV rejected to renew my driver's license with I-797C Notice of Action(Receipt). Need to commute daily... View More

Kevin L Dixler
Kevin L Dixler
answered on Dec 28, 2018

Some of these issues are best considered before a job or internship is accepted in a less immigrant friendly state like Wisconsin. I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney to consider all of your options. Good luck.

The above is general...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Government Contracts and Public Benefits for Wisconsin on
Q: What does the wisconsin statue 178 state?
William F Sulton
William F Sulton
answered on Sep 6, 2017

This is a link to Chapter 178 of the Wisconsin Statutes:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.