Arkansas Business Law Questions & Answers

Q: Hello, I bought an item from China and paid with PayPal. When I received the item, it was flawed and had missing parts.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Business Law for Arkansas on
Answered on Jan 15, 2018
Jingzhan Wang's answer
need to check your contract to see what it's provided

Q: A former employer has refused to pay the $2000 i am owed as well as several others for around six months what should i d

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Business Law and Collections for Arkansas on
Answered on Oct 6, 2017
Salim U. Shaikh's answer
Your question is not clear : whether you owe or the employer owe 2000$ for over six months? Are you still his employee? Elaborate your question a bit more.

Q: Can I sue my siblings to force dissolution of an LLC we are in and sell our farm we inherited?

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law and Civil Litigation for Arkansas on
Answered on Oct 4, 2017
Salim U. Shaikh's answer
LLC and management thereof will now be governed by the terms that you all agreed. Without looking into it or having no details except the one that you described, no firm opinion / advice would be appropriate detrimental to your or other's interest. Whatever the reasons may be, go by the terms of your agreement. May dissolve LLC subject to agreement of the other parties. Consult Attorney of your local jurisdiction.

Q: HR&Ethics no action when reported boss. He's been reported previously and nothing done. EEOC case WM forced admin lv.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Civil Rights and Employment Discrimination for Arkansas on
Answered on Jun 15, 2017
W. Whitfield Hyman's answer
I suggest Steven Woods in Rogers, he practices employment law and will be able to help if you have a case.

Q: I want to start a topless cleaning service in Little Rock Arkansas. Is this legal?

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law and Employment Law for Arkansas on
Answered on Nov 10, 2016
Don Spears' answer
Under Arkansas law 5-14-112 you might have a problem. The law reads as follows:

(a) A person commits indecent exposure if, with the purpose to arouse or gratify a sexual desire of himself or herself or of any other person, the person exposes his or her sex organs:

(1) In a public place or in public view; or

(2) Under circumstances in which the person knows the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm.

(b) (1) Except as provided in subdivisions (b)(2) and...

Q: What form do I file for my LLC's income when I'm the only owner when I file an amended return for my personal taxes?

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law and Tax Law for Arkansas on
Answered on Mar 8, 2016
Mark Anderson's answer
If it is a disregarded entity for tax purposes, then you would report it on your schedule C.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.