Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Arkansas Contracts Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith, Contracts and Personal Injury for Arkansas on
Q: My daughter is fighting with insurance company home owner. She was or still is a victim of theft vandalism on her home

Now they put her in motel for over two months. When she went to extend. Her stay the hotel said no because she had damaged to room. So now the insurance company say they will not get her any where to stay. She has six kids now no where to live on street

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Feb 24, 2017

They may have a duty to reimburse her; they certainly have no duty to find a place for her. Has she contacted the red cross?

Also, if the state has a crime victims compensation act that may help.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Employment Law for Arkansas on
Q: I am looking for the best lawyer to take on the USPS

I was under contract with USPS and my contract was not up until 2018, however I got into an argument with the postmaster and was not allowed back into post office. They continued to pay me until 10/16 then sent me a bill for $200,000. HELP

Glenn B. Manishin
Glenn B. Manishin
answered on Feb 22, 2017

I suspect you will need to better identify the nature of the contract, as that will determine whether your matter is a "government contracts" issue, which is a very specialized area, or a more general litigation matter.

1 Answer | Asked in Collections and Contracts for Arkansas on
Q: I was wondering if I can get money back I barrowed to a friend? I'm not sure what type of lawyer I would need.

I also have a letter from friend stating I would be paid back in full. Now, my friend won't even take my calls.

Don Spears
Don Spears
answered on Nov 10, 2016

If the sum is not really large, you may be able to file in small claims court in your city or county. Hopefully, you have some evidence that the money was given and there was an intention of paying it back. You should contact a local attorney so that he can go over what evidence of the debt you... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Car Accidents and Consumer Law for Arkansas on
Q: How do I recover items from a towing company that towed my car due to an accident.
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jul 16, 2016

I assume you've asked for them. Personal items they should let you have; it'll help if you get your insurance to tell them to let you pick them up. The operating philosophy of towing companies is that they have your car and it' contents to hold as hostage.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Arkansas on
Q: I am on a contract with my daughter in law for the purchase of a double wide mobile home, how can I get my name off?
June Ann Anteski
June Ann Anteski
answered on Feb 24, 2013

Your daughter in law will need to get the home refinanced and out of your name. If she has poor credit, she may encounter some difficulties. Also, if you both owe more than what the home is worth, you may encounter some difficulties. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.