Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Georgia Legal Malpractice Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice and Sexual Harassment for Georgia on
Q: If your Boss at your job pinches you and leaves bruises on you and mind abuses.Do you have grounds for a law suit?

Also then you go to his boss and company owner and nothing is done about it .Can the company also have a lawsuit filed on them also.

Paula J. Mcgill
Paula J. Mcgill answered on Feb 20, 2017

If you complain about the harassment (follow your employee handbook on filing internal complaints) and nothing is done or you are retaliated against, certainly, move forward and file a charge with the EEOC.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Legal Malpractice for Georgia on
Q: Is it legal to name a boy what is considered a girls name here in America and the question continues below

Is it legal to name a boy what is considered a girls name here in America and what is considered a boys name in france or at least a french masculine form of what is considered a girls name in here in America, like how girls use the more feminine sounding name if it sounds boyish, like a nickname... Read more »

Regina Irene Edwards
Regina Irene Edwards answered on Jan 27, 2017

With very few exceptions, you can name your child whatever you like. There are plenty of names which are not identifiable by either gender - Jamie, Harper, Ashley, Jordan, etc. The name doesn't have to conform to a particular gender.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support, Family Law and Legal Malpractice for Georgia on
Q: Can you attach a Contempt as your Response to Modify Child Support when you have already been served with Contempt

If you file a Motion to Modify Child Support (Pro Se) and hire an attorney to handle to File the Contempt for withholding Visitation, After being served with the Contempt, Knowingly, Can the Defendant's attorney attach a Counterclaim of Contempt on Child Support to their Response.

Regina Irene Edwards
Regina Irene Edwards answered on Jan 13, 2017


1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law, Legal Malpractice and Medical Malpractice for Georgia on
Q: Can a Dr.'s office legally bill under a different tax ID to get more money?

I was referred to a specialist by my primary care dr. The referral was approved by my insurance company and I called to verify before visiting the specialist. On my 3rd visit to the specialist, I was told that I owed them nearly $500 because they are not in network with my insurance company. After... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 14, 2016

may be legal but I think you can ask your health insurance if they will offer payment under the other tax ID, then when you have them rejecting a documented offer you can tell them your company offered to pay, they refused to accept, you don't think you owe them in accordance with provider... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law, Legal Malpractice, Employment Law and Employment Discrimination for Georgia on
Q: Is it legal to force a minister of a church out the door when they are suffering from a serious health condition?

Like, this minister has a lung disease, and cant go a day without passing out, has 8 years of medical history. They say he cant perform the job, so they are trying force him out the door with a severance.He counter offered by trying to take a different position in the church but they said no.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 3, 2016

Churches can manage their own affairs. It is up to the church as it's rules dictate to decide--in some cases it's the congregation, in other's it's a bishop.There are no mandatory pension or other schemes for churches. You raise an interesting ADA question.

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice for Georgia on
Q: If my attorney is not communicating with me regarding my case am I able to file a complaint with GA Bar Assn?

It's been over 60 days and I still do not have an issue resolved.

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Jul 18, 2015

I don't practice in GA, but, generally speaking, a lawyer has a duty to communicate with their client.

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice for Georgia on
Q: If I have a lawyer handling my case but don't think he is doing a good job how can I get a second opinion?

I don't feel like my lawyer has my best interest in my legal malpractice case, how do I get a second opinion? I just want to make sure I'm getting the best advice.

Charles Snyderman
Charles Snyderman answered on Jun 17, 2014

Schedule an appointment with another attorney and discuss your concerns. Be sure to ask in advance how much you will be charged.

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice for Georgia on
Q: How do i file a complaint against my lawyer?
Jonathan Craig Reed
Jonathan Craig Reed answered on Jun 23, 2012

Typically complaints come in 3 types:

1) If the lawyer committed an ethical violation, the state bar will investigate a complaint by you setting out all of your facts and your contact information,

2) If the issue is that the lawyer charged you too much or didn't a fee you paid, most...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.