Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kansas Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law, Constitutional Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Kansas on
Q: What type of application I need to submit to get my citizenship?

We immigrated to the USA and then my family got their citizenships after 5 years, but at that time I was under 18 and I wasn’t able to get mine, according to the lawyer who filed my parent’s citizenship application. But I got a US passport using my parent’s citizenship. Now I’m 23 and I... Read more »

Amanda B Cook
Amanda B Cook answered on May 19, 2020

That doesn't make any sense. You were likely included on your parents' application and are a citizen, but just mistaken. You should file a FOIA request to find out what's really going on, through a lawyer.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Education Law for Kansas on
Q: What are the implications of administrators in regards to public access?

I am taking a class in public school law.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Nov 6, 2019

A place to start might be to look into the Americans with Disabilities Act and related state legislation, and possibly how building codes and fire & public safety codes address these issues. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Kansas on
Q: Can a single member LLC have a board of directors? if so does the state have to be notified?
Scott C. Stockwell
Scott C. Stockwell answered on Jun 4, 2019

A limited liability company (LLC) in Kansas may have a structure as determined by the operating agreement. LLC's were created simplify governance as compared to regular corporations. The organizers/members of an LLC have broad discretion to define the control strucure. A single member LLC... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Probate for Kansas on
Q: Can I file a petition to get one of the properties involved if the administrator neglected to pay taxes for 4 yrs

He had a bank acct with 33,000.00 in it that the probate judge said he could only use on the estate, however he used it for personal. He also lost a 2010 Camaro to a payday loan place. I just want to know if I can petition the court for possession of one property that he didn't pay property... Read more »

Scott C. Stockwell
Scott C. Stockwell answered on Sep 1, 2017

You describe an estate in which the administrator has (a) failed to pay taxes and caused a property to be at risk for loss; (b) converted estate property for personal use; (c) lost another property to repossession due to unpaid obligations; and (d) failed to conclude an estate in a four-year... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Public Benefits and Family Law for Kansas on
Q: I am about to start receiving ssdi in Missouri and have received a letter from the state of Missouri saying I owe 20,000

in back child support. My children are grown! What is happening?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 4, 2016

You need to get a statement of what it's for--how they arrived at the figure. Maybe you had arrearages? Once you find out contact legal services in your county.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.