Mississippi Business Law Questions & Answers

Q: If a new trailer is sold without brakes, do I, the buyer, have any recourse?

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Arbitration / Mediation Law and Business Law for Mississippi on
Answered on Jul 8, 2018
Thomas A. Grossman's answer
When you buy a trailer or any similar product, you should always do so by getting a written contract. You then need to read the contract and see what you are buying, and if it matches what you thought you were buying. If it does not, you should not sigh it. If there is no written contract, then you are stuck with what was said to you verbally. If you didn't ask specifically if the brakes were on the trailers, then it is your own fault. it is called "Caveat Emptor," which means "Buyer...
View Details »

Q: I deliver gravel. Payment required upon delivery. What should I do if someone refuses to pay?

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts and Business Law for Mississippi on
Answered on May 7, 2018
Arthur Calderon's answer
The best course of action would be to always make sure that they sign a contract ahead of time, detailing the estimated cost, delivery date, etc. That way, if you show up perform the work, and they refuse to pay, you can sue them for breach of contract.

Q: What to do when a distributor of gasoline fails to keep records of fuel delivered to my store.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Energy, Oil and Gas, Business Law and Consumer Law for Mississippi on
Answered on Feb 21, 2018
Arthur Calderon's answer
You need to consult with an attorney to provide additional information. Off of the top of my head, the things that I am thinking of are the records showing delivery of the gas, the method of payment, when paid, and a reconciliation of your records to theirs.

Q: What can I do If I was sold 3 counterfeit LgTone Wireless Headphones as if real by an actual business here in Ms

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law and Consumer Law for Mississippi on
Answered on Dec 20, 2016
Glenn B. Manishin's answer
They are in all likelihood liable for possible misrepresentation (fraud) if what you say is correct. The economics of pursuing a legal claim for monetary damages suggest a consensual resolution is the bast outcome.

Q: Hi everyone, Why is it legal for AT&T to take away my unused minutes after 30 days with gophone. Cash paid in advance.

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice, Consumer Law, Contracts and Business Law for Mississippi on
Answered on Aug 30, 2016
Peter Munsing's answer
File a complaint with the FCC and with the consumer protection division of the Attorney General's office in Mississippi.

Q: I bought 68% of a WY LLC, I've received nothing for my payment ($59,000.00). I think I was scammed - what can I do?

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law for Mississippi on
Answered on Mar 18, 2014
Albert Pettigrew, Jr.'s answer
Contact the Wyoming attorney general's consumer protection office or an attorney in that state to help you with your rights as a member of the LLC.

Q: How to dissolve an LLC when partner won't agree to anything?

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law for Mississippi on
Answered on Apr 21, 2011
Bradley M. Glaze's answer
How the LLC will be dissolved will depend on what the certificate of formation, organizational documents, or organizational agreement says. If a date of dissolution is not indicated in the certificate of formation, and there are no organizational documents that provide for how the LLC will be dissolved, you may have to petition the Chancery Court in the county in which your principal office is located. You will essentially be filing a lawsuit to ask the Chancery Judge to direct the signing of...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.