New Jersey Legal Malpractice Questions & Answers

Q: My wife recently had an abortion but it was not completely done correct left over tissues were left is the malpractice?

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice and Medical Malpractice for New Jersey on
Answered on Jan 9, 2019
Peter N. Munsing's answer
Depends on what happened, the fallout. Short answer: not necessarily. Suggest you contact a member of the NJ Assn for Justice who handles medical cases--they give free consults.

Q: I need a legal malpractice attorney but everyone I contact is retisen to help. Are there lawyers who are willing.

2 Answers | Asked in Legal Malpractice for New Jersey on
Answered on Oct 16, 2018
Jubilo Lopes Afonso's answer
Im sure there are lawyers that are willing to help you but that depends on if you have a viable claim. And unfortunately you did not provide us with much information to go on. Please advise on what the underlying claim is regarding and why you believe the attorney committed malpractice.

Q: My lawyer misrepresented his abilities to handle family law. I am financially struggling and cant get a new one. Help.

2 Answers | Asked in Legal Malpractice for New Jersey on
Answered on Apr 4, 2018
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.'s answer
Unfortunately this is how many cheaper lawyers charge and make up the price difference between them and the more expensive lawyer. A more expensive lawyer generally knows the law so they don't charge you for it, it would be embarrassing to say the least. As for the other charges that is common, you pay for a lawyers time and advise, just like a doctor.

Q: How long can a company get to avoid been called a bank legally?

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Business Formation, Business Law and Legal Malpractice for New Jersey on
Answered on Jun 30, 2017
Paul J. Riviere's answer
Your able to loan money within certain interest rate limits but cannot maintain money accounts or participate in issuing credit cards or anything offered by Federal Reserve. But this a very tricky area that needs lots of research as failure to follow state guidelines can lead to imprisonment. You are also limited in the names you are allowed to use under state guidelines.

Q: Does the lawyers. Insurance policy cover thrid-party legal malpractice claims for refusal to accept service for clients?

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice for New Jersey on
Answered on Jan 2, 2017
Leonard R. Boyer's answer
An attorney does not have to accept service for any client. I certainly never would. It is NOT malpractice. It is basic common sense.

Q: Must a court ordered divorce decree contain a legal custody clause for a child, with residential custody cited?

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Divorce and Legal Malpractice for New Jersey on
Answered on Nov 14, 2016
Leonard R. Boyer's answer
No attorney on this forum is going to perform free legal research for you. A Court Order for clarity and to avoid problems, should state who is the primary residential custodial parent. For anything more, you will need to retain counsel or at least have an in person consultation. Good luck.

Q: How do I file a complaint against my real estate attorney?

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice for New Jersey on
Answered on Nov 14, 2015
Adam Studnicki's answer
Lawsuit or bar complaint? A local lawyer can assist.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general information. It is NOT legal advice, and it may not work for your specific situation. It is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the relevant facts and documents. I strongly encourage you to consult with a local lawyer to get legal advice and help with your...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.