New Jersey Military Law Questions & Answers

Q: Hello ! Heres my question i recently found out my girlfriend is undocumented but i want to marry her can i get bah?

2 Answers | Asked in Military Law and Immigration Law for New Jersey on
Answered on May 7, 2017
Leonard R. Boyer's answer
To prevent issues, you need to retain an experienced immigration attorney. Immigration is a very complex area of law. It is a lot more than merely filling out forms. You need to retain an immigration attorney to handle all immigration proceedings. This prevents errors that can sometimes prove costly and may even be irreversible. You should always seek to obtain the best attorney that you can afford and not let geographic restrictions stand in the way. Some immigration attorneys will charge a...

Q: I'm in military fiancée has primary residency what restrictions are there from us leaving New Jersey with her daughter

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and Military Law for New Jersey on
Answered on Sep 12, 2016
Leonard R. Boyer's answer
It is not a question that can be simply answered in an online forum. You need to meet with an experienced matrimonial attorney and bring in all your documents to be reviewed, so that you can be given meaningful advice. Good luck.

Q: I am experiencing dress symptoms from zyprexa and want a lawsuit do you know anyone who takes these lawsuits

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability and Military Law for New Jersey on
Answered on Aug 11, 2016
Peter N. Munsing's answer
I assume you've spoken with your doctors and are no longer on it.Much will depend on how long your symptoms last.If by "dress" symptoms you mean depression I doubt that most attorneys would take the case as depression can arise without any drugs and it'd be viritually impossible to show that depression was caused soley by a drug. Otherwise look for members ot the NJ Assn for Justice who handle drug litigation.

Q: Are you allowed to apply for a us passport as soon as you get your citizenship or is there a wait time?

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and Military Law for New Jersey on
Answered on Jan 3, 2016
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.'s answer
Once you get your certificate of citizenship at the ceremony for citizenship, you can immediately apply for a passport in fact they give you the form to get one when you go for your naturalization ceremony. Good Luck

Q: Does enlisting in the Army National Guard at 17 emancipate a child from his parents?

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Juvenile Law and Military Law for New Jersey on
Answered on Dec 8, 2015
Leonard R. Boyer's answer
Despite his enlisting in the Army National Guard, he is not automatically emancipated. You need to retain an experienced matrimonial law attorney, who will bring an appropriate motion before the Court. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.