Pennsylvania International Law Questions & Answers

Q: Is it legal to mail gun triggers to russia?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and International Law for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Aug 21, 2018
Peter N. Munsing's answer
You have to check on the current list of embargoed items.

Q: My mother in law married a man from paris but got married in the united states what are her rights in paris?

3 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Civil Rights and International Law for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Aug 1, 2018
Richard Sternberg's answer
First, the question needs to be asked by the prospective client needing the representation. Second, it needs to be asked of a French advocat rather than a US lawyer, and Justia is only visited by American lawyers. Third, this presents no International Law questions, but is best presented to a French advocat handling Family Law.

Q: A foreign bank says I owe them inheritance tax for the French government can they force me to pay

1 Answer | Asked in International Law for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Oct 25, 2017
Peter N. Munsing's answer
Did you receive anything? You need to be able to verify they are who they say they are and that this is not some scam.

Q: Any avenues to over-ride a father's refusal to allow his 13 year old to travel with mom out of country?

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and International Law for Pennsylvania on
Answered on May 9, 2017
Richard Sternberg's answer
Yes. Get a lawyer, and file a petition with the court to modify custody to allow the trip because it is good for the child due to family connections, cultural expansion, religious reasons, or other benefits to the child. Be sure to read any prior custody agreements or orders first. Forget it if the country visited is near or will not restrict travel to a country that hasn't signed The Hague Convention on Abduction.

Q: I am an American dating a Canadian. How do green cards and visas for this work?

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and International Law for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Aug 16, 2016
Peter N. Munsing's answer
If he isn't finished HS the liklihood of his staying constant is slim and none. Also he'll pay more for college here. He would only get a green card some time after you are married and your marriage is determined not to be a sham. The fact he is talking this way--and not about you becoming a landed immigrant--does not bode well. If you are really serious, get a consult from a member of AILA.

Q: Do I qualify for a US passport and am I already a citizen?

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and International Law for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Jan 21, 2016
Shan Dimitris Potts' answer
If you are still maintaining your green card you will be able to apply for naturalization. Having a US citizen father does not immediately make you a US citizen unless you were born in the US. Talk to an immigration attorney to help you get started with the naturalization process. Many immigration attorneys including me offer free consultations, make use of the consultations and talk to an attorney soon. All the best.

-Shan Potts

Like our facebook page for regular immigration...

Q: Do students on F1 visa who accept travel grants from US-based professional associations violate visa regulations?

1 Answer | Asked in Education Law, Employment Law, Immigration Law and International Law for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Jan 21, 2016
Dawn Chere Sequeira's answer
You can accept them from an immigration perspective. For tax purposes, contact a Tax Attorney.

Q: Can you be deported after being swored in as a citizen for not joining army after being drafted?!

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and International Law for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Aug 31, 2015
Robert Jason De Groot's answer
The draft ended in 1973. If this is a problem for you, go see an immigration attorney about this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.