Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Tennessee Libel & Slander Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander and Personal Injury for Tennessee on
Q: My car got broken into and I got robbed due to negligence from the security team at a hotel. Would I win a lawsuit?

They intentionally turned out the security lights and didn't patrol the parking lot, even after it started to get foggy.

My wife's grandmother died the same day, so it was an emotionally taxing day.

I tried to reason with them, but they will not budge. I'm so pissed... Read more »

Bennett James Wills
Bennett James Wills answered on Jan 31, 2018

Would you win? Who knows. You may have a case for negligence and other tort claims against the hotel. But you would have to prove that they didn't provide proper security or were otherwise negligence and that they breached their duty of care and caused you to suffer damages.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Libel & Slander for Tennessee on
Q: What is the statute of limitations on tampering with evidence in Tennessee? Thank you.
Lawrence James Arnkoff
Lawrence James Arnkoff answered on Jan 22, 2018

I believe the SOL on tampering with evidence which is a class C felony is 4 years.

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law, Libel & Slander, Family Law and Medical Malpractice for Tennessee on
Q: Need help with lawyer for daughter in sevier county Tn.for dcf and malpractice suit on hospitals.
Marjorie A Bristol
Marjorie A Bristol answered on Dec 21, 2017

The are experienced attorney who can help your daughter. You can find them by searching here or other sites. She needs a lawyer as soon as possible. Best of luck!

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Insurance Bad Faith, Libel & Slander and Personal Injury for Tennessee on
Q: How to sue my ex girlfriend for damages to another car in an accident, stealing and totally my car, the person suing me

I was in the hospital at the time of the accident and she found and stole my spare key to my car and ending up totaling it

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Oct 9, 2017

If you had insurance that should cover the suit. Even if they say they aren't covering the event,you are being sued and they should cover you, and get you an attorney. That's what you pay insurance for. They will go after your girlfriend.You can also sue her for the loss of your car but... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Libel & Slander for Tennessee on
Q: Can I sue my ex who is talking all kinds of lies about me on facebook?
Quinton E. Thompson
Quinton E. Thompson answered on Sep 27, 2017

You can sue him for defamation if he is lying about you and it has somehow damaged your reputation.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Libel & Slander for Tennessee on
Q: live in TN, My son 18 (17 at conception) mom is 15, Her mother is using child as leverage over him...

My son just turned 18, mom is 15 he signed BC as father, child is in NICU. Her mother is useing the child as leverage over him, to pay her bills, Not speak to his family ect. She says that whats she says goes because her daughter is a minor. What are his legal rights to his child? He works a full... Read more »

Mr. William Ray Glasgow
Mr. William Ray Glasgow answered on May 13, 2017

He has as much right to see that child as the mother does. Grandma needs to butt out. She can tell her daughter what to do, but as the child's father, your son can assert himself, even remove the child from the mother if the grandmother is creating such a hostile environment to be... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Libel & Slander for Tennessee on
Q: Can I sue for defamation if someone claims I threatened their kids filed charges & the "threat" is found to be baseless
David Alan Wolf
David Alan Wolf answered on Apr 18, 2016

A defamation case or claim is quite difficult and complex. There are two ways to view any case including a defamation case: 1. Legal Cause of Action; and 2. Practical Cause of Action. If the elements of a legal case can be alleged and proved, then an action of defamation can be pursued. Each... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander for Tennessee on
Q: Where can I get a lawyer to sue someone for lieing on me
John M DeProspo
John M DeProspo answered on Jun 20, 2015

You have not provided enough information to understand what "lieing on you" means. The type of lawyer that handles defamation cases would be a personal injury lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.