Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Public Benefits legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Washington Public Benefits Questions & Answers
Q: How far does Immunity go?

Does a state official have any immunity when he or she commits fraud, lies to a claimant on a recorded phone call and deceives the federal government, especially when it involves federal funds...?...

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Dec 21, 2023

In the context of state officials and immunity, it's important to understand that while certain immunities exist, they are not absolute. Generally, state officials enjoy what is known as "qualified immunity" when performing their official duties. This immunity protects them from... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning, Civil Litigation, Probate and Public Benefits for Washington on

What is the meaning of IN CORDE HOMINUM EST ANIMA LEGIS"

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Oct 5, 2023

The spirit of the law is in the human heart.

It’s philosophical phrase used by former Supreme Court justice Thomas Brennan.

It is not a legal rule rule or precept.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Public Benefits and Social Security for Washington on
Q: after the car has been towed for 45 days, the car has been sold by “Wallys towing”. What should I do?

I am an international student, and I had a car ins Seattle. Because of COVID-19, I planned to go back to my home country, and I will go back to America in next year. My friend who live in Seattle taken care my car, he parked my car on the side of the road, but the car was towed away. After the car... View More

Kenneth Prigmore
Kenneth Prigmore
answered on Nov 12, 2020

Your problem should be dealt with under state or local city law. That means to get the right answer, you need to ask your questions to a Washington State attorney.

I am a Utah attorney. If a car is left too long in the public space in Utah, a tow company can tow it, and eventually sell it....
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith and Public Benefits for Washington on
Q: My husband is disabled, receives Medicare with prescriptions cov. with Cigna. Five reimbursement checks bounced. Help.

Cigna did not coordinate their benefits with Nathan's primary insurance coverage through Regence. Cigna did not cover any copays for 3 years. We didn't quite understand the magnitude until speaking to our pharmacy and doing some investigating. We spent hours and hours collecting print... View More

Vincent J. Bernabei
Vincent J. Bernabei
answered on May 9, 2019

If you have received bad checks, you can recover from the company issuing the checks the costs of collecting the amount of the check, including attorney's fees, interest on the amount of the check which accrues at the rate of twelve percent per annum from the date of dishonor; and three... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law, Civil Rights and Public Benefits for Washington on
Q: hello? my section 8 voucher got denied even though i am an eligible non citizen

is it a civil right law violation?

or under the protected status?

I am under withholding of removal. I have employment authorization card, but Seattle Housing Authority demanded to provide I-94 which i do not have one. I cannot travel outside of US and come back and i don't... View More

Kyndra L Mulder
Kyndra L Mulder
answered on Apr 21, 2017

Your question can not be answered because you have offered no facts.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Immigration Law and Public Benefits for Washington on
Q: I'm 17 and my husband is 25 we got married in Mexico with parents permission can I do the marriage visa?

Can I do the marriage visa for my husband?

Shan Dimitris Potts
Shan Dimitris Potts
answered on Dec 30, 2015


There are a lot of important details that are missing. Marriage visa for you or your husband? If it is for you what is your husband's immigration status? Is he a citizen or a green card holder? Talk to an immigration attorney in private to get a clear idea of how to go about...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Public Benefits for Washington on
Q: Do I need a lawyer for SSI benefits claim? I only need to know if proceedings from a 2nd mortgage still vigent is cou
Jake Causing Santos
Jake Causing Santos
answered on Jun 3, 2012

Whether you should hire an attorney is a personal choice and depends on the specifics of your case. However, it appears that your question was cut-off so you may want to add more information.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.