Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Pennsylvania Insurance Bad Faith Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Pennsylvania on
Q: How accurate should consulting with a health insurance provider before getting something done be?

My wife and I consulted with our health insurance provider to see what our costs would be to do a home birth with a mid wife. We went over figures related to our plan and what we anticipated. We decided to do the home birth because the consult with our insurance company determined that we would get... Read more »

Mark Scoblionko
Mark Scoblionko answered on Sep 8, 2017

You would need to consult with a lawyer to answer this question. A lawyer would presumably want to review your plan and any correspondence. An office conference would be necessary so that you could discuss with the lawyer all things that transpired and any conversations that you had with the... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for Pennsylvania on
Q: My parked unoccupied car was hit by a drunk driver who was not the owner of the car. Who is responsible for the damage
Mark Scoblionko
Mark Scoblionko answered on May 21, 2017

Clearly the driver is responsible. The matter would have to be reviewed by a lawyer to determine if there is a case against the owner for what is called "negligent entrustment," and/or, if the driver was drinking at an establishment which held a liquor license, if there is a case against... Read more »

View More Answers

Q: I have worked at the same place for 11 years buying short term disability insurance through said employer. On 1/1/2016

said employer changed their insurance provider, on 1/12/2016 I had to have knee surgery that left me unable to work at this time. Now this new insurance provider is denying my short term disability claim, they are labeling it as a preexisting condition because I saw a doctor for it on 12/08/2015. I... Read more »

Timothy Belt
Timothy Belt answered on Feb 20, 2016

Unless the knee is a work injury, this is not a workers' compensation question. If the knee is as a result of a work injury, it should not be submitted to short term disability. A workers' compensation claim should be filed.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Pennsylvania on
Q: A woman left her house to her three grandchildren. They don't want it, but their father, the woman's son, does.

If they just decline the inheritance, does their father get to claim the house? All four people want the father to end up with the house, and no record of ownership for the grandchildren.

Mark Scoblionko
Mark Scoblionko answered on Mar 14, 2014

If the deceased grandmother wrote a Will leaving the house to the three grandchildren and they renounce the bequest, the house passes as part of the residuary estate (that is, the balance of what is left). The father does not get the house automatically simply because the grandchildren renounce.... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.