Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Hunter J Tzovarras
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Maine on
Q: charged with saleuse of paraphernalia and furnishing the place/liquor. this charge was when i was 17, but my court-

-date is the day after my 18th birthday. how will i be charged? this is my first time getting a summons. i am so nervous

Hunter J Tzovarras
Hunter J Tzovarras answered on Jul 11, 2019

If it occurred before you turned 18 and is a criminal charge, you'd be charged as a minor, not adult. If it is not a criminal charge, but a civil violation, it is not a criminal charge and the age does not matter. I hope this helps. Thanks

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Maine on
Q: How do I subpoena a witness? How many days before trial does witness need?
Hunter J Tzovarras
Hunter J Tzovarras answered on Feb 11, 2019

You need to get a subpoena from the clerk of the court and serve it on the witness. The sheriff will serve it for a fee. There is no timeframe for serving it before trial but the sooner the better usually. Thanks

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts and Criminal Law for Maine on
Q: I need to remove squatters from my cabin located on leased land in the unorganized territories of Maine.

How do I go about this? Our last attempt was closed without prejudice. I do not understand the legal system and cannot afford a lawyer. Can you help me?

Hunter J Tzovarras
Hunter J Tzovarras answered on Jan 14, 2019


View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Maine on
Q: Will Maine extradite for unpaid fines

Owe like $2300

Hunter J Tzovarras
Hunter J Tzovarras answered on Sep 25, 2018

No, not for unpaid fines.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.