Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Appeals / Appellate Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Connecticut Appeals / Appellate Law Questions & Answers
Q: Can a town claim a resident owns a brook that runs 4 miles through town if it’s connected to a state park?

We want to appeal this as the brook is connected to another road and we are being charged property tax on the brook and the land on the other side connected to another street. We were forced to purchase flood insurance and the trees that run along this water source are beginning to fall which could... View More

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 8, 2024

Start looking into this by hiring a CT attorney to search your title, and possibly some upstream/downstream properties. If you are being assessed for something you do not own, complain to the tax authority for the


Q: 5:14-cv-03139-SAC-DJW. Help please.
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Mar 4, 2022

A Connecticut attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. And you post under Personal Injury and Appeals/Appellate, suggesting that a need to appeal your matter might be at hand. With the question & answer format here, it's difficult for attorneys to reach out... View More

3 Answers | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Trademark for Connecticut on
Q: Hello , i had file with Uspto for mu business 8/10/2019 9/28/2020 they had abandoned my application
Marcos Garciaacosta
Marcos Garciaacosta
answered on May 22, 2021

You need to consult with an attorney on the steps you need to take

Best luck

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Communications Law for Connecticut on
Q: Why is my application abandoned?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jun 21, 2021

A Connecticut attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for five weeks. You could repost with some additional details - no personal information is necessary, but including something about the type of application and reason for abandonment/denial, etc. could make for better chances... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Appeals / Appellate Law and Collections for Connecticut on
Q: I won my personal injury case now what?

Hi! I won $178 000 in personal injury case. But there is no insurance. My lawyer closed the case and told me to contact collection lawyer or private investigator. So, I am kind of lost here. My lawyer didn’t take any money for his work since there is no money behind this judgment as he said.... View More

Max Lavit Rosenberg
Max Lavit Rosenberg
answered on Jan 24, 2020

A collection attorney will likely work on contingency. That means they will only get paid if they collect and they will get a percentage of what they collect. My office regularly handles matters like this and would be happy to review the case. Please feel free to contact us to discuss this matter... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Connecticut on
Q: Do I have any options on a missed appeal to superior court - from a declaratory ruling by the Ct.

I was granted a pardon that the DPH refuses to recognize license involved complete expungement no record with state police

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Oct 18, 2015

You needed to speak with an attorney about this over a year ago. Have you done that yet?

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Connecticut on
Q: Can i file for appeal with the court against the town of greenwich? even if i lost the case?
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Oct 25, 2015

People generally do not understand many basic things about an appeal. You have not given enough information here for an attorney to be able to form an opinion. I hope you got to an appellate attorney back when you needed one.

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Connecticut on
Q: Can a judge denied a petition for certification to appeal to an appellant?

Petitition for certification

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Nov 11, 2015

This question has no facts and is too confusing to get an answer.

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Connecticut on
Q: What is the stattute of limitations to file a state and federal habeas
Timothy Alan Provis
Timothy Alan Provis
answered on Dec 18, 2013

Dear ?,

A petition for writ of habeas corpus in federal court must be filed one year from the date on which the state court conviction became "final" as that term is defined by federal law. The state court conviction is "final" for federal habeas corpus purposes 1) if...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.