Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Florida Stockbroker Fraud Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Stockbroker Fraud for Florida on
Q: Do I have any legal recourse when my financial records are blemished by the misdeeds of a Mutual Fund Broker?

I am a retired person receiving $1500/month. I have a stock-based mutual fund($30,000) that that helps defray expenses. From time to time I withdraw the interest and have it transferred to my bank account. Three times in the last several years money has been ordered withdrawn but the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law and Stockbroker Fraud for Florida on
Q: question about advisory

Can I make membership based content (for instance on and share my stock market trading signals that I use to buy/sell with disclaimer that I am not investment/financial advisor, will I be under the risk of penalty?

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on May 26, 2020

The area of law you are flirting with is fraught with great danger; those who do not retain an experienced lawyer BEFORE stepping into the line of fire very often greatly regret doing so. Advising the public on how to buy and sell securities is the job that licensed stock brokers and brokerage... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Consumer Law and Stockbroker Fraud for Florida on
Q: With 401k rollover, does the company have the right to keep my money invested after i already requested rollover

The amount stated that I can rollover on the day i finalized my request did not match the amount on the rollover check given. It was 2k less.

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Mar 23, 2020

If you withdrew money too early they probably withheld taxes.

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Stockbroker Fraud for Florida on
Q: How serious is it if somebody who has a series 7 license opens an account in my mine and then cashes out the profits?

I'm in the process of a divorce, and I disagree with spouses financial affidavit. Here are a few reasons why:

I have discovered that my spouse forged my signature to open an investment account in my name and then cashed out and I don't know where the money went. Is this something... Read more »

Robert K. Savage
Robert K. Savage answered on Mar 16, 2020

Hi, I agree: this is definitely shady and wrong.

Your spouse is not permitted to sign your name unless you signed a power of attorney document giving him the explicit authority to do so. Thus, if your spouse forged your signature, most fact finders would determine that that is fraud....
Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Collections and Stockbroker Fraud for Florida on
Q: Is it illegal to purposely overdraft your checking account?

I had $1000 dollars in my bank account, I moved all of it into a investing website, but I accidentally did it twice, and now I'm in the hole for $1000, but I've already invested all the money. I know I can pay it back and the overdraft fees back by the end of the month, am I able to do... Read more »

Barry W. Kaufman
Barry W. Kaufman answered on Mar 3, 2020

Its not illegal. You have only a certain amount of time to replace the money. You pay it back as soon as humanly possible whether its against the law or not because the overdraft amount is not your money

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Stockbroker Fraud for Florida on
Q: In Florida what are the laws for vehicle repossession, specifically the aution/sale of vehicle and deficiency debt?

Specifically, How long does creditor have to sell vehicle and time-frame of sale results to debtor, as well as notifying credit bureaus of debt balance changes? If dealer keeps and resells the car on credit for more than what was owed what happens? Thank you

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Oct 17, 2019

Without the benefit of seeing all the underlying sale documents and financing documents, or discussing all the relevant facts with you, I can only tell you-- generally--that once an automobile has lawfully been repossessed by the creditor the debtor's "rights" in the car have been... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice, Probate, Securities Law and Stockbroker Fraud for Florida on
Q: Can a Florida spouse/POA/ PR be sued to recover inheritances after estate admin closed?

If illegal/egregious actions by stepmother/POA/PR were recently learned of by daughter beneficiaries, and estate admin was closed August, 2018, do we have options to sue or recover estate assets (money)? (Date of death 5/2017) One of several issues involves fathers long-time advisor. Investment... Read more »

Seril L Grossfeld
Seril L Grossfeld answered on Oct 10, 2019

At this point you should probably see an attorney who specializes in securities fraud to ascertain whether you have an action against the investment firm for changing type of account without proper authority.

Other issue is whether there was fraud on the court as far as the probate...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law, Stockbroker Fraud and White Collar Crime for Florida on
Q: I am stuck in a shorting position of 4000 shares of $CETC (Hongli Clean Energy Technologie) that I am unable to cover

since the stock was halted on April 2017 and delisted from Nasdaq and never relisted on OTC. My broker at first said they wouldn’t charge short interest fees since the stock is halted.

But then they suddenly start charging  “Stock Borrow Fee” ranging from $500-$700 every month since... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Sep 13, 2019

There are some critical facts missing from your facts: (1) Why are you asking for advice in mid-September 2019 about events that you say occurred in May 2017? There must be more than you are telling us.

(2) EXACTLY when did you short the security?

(3) EXACTLY when was the end date...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Stockbroker Fraud for Florida on
Q: I believe my broker is defrauding me and I suspect that other clients are being similarly defrauded. How do I contact

them to start a class action?

Mitchell Feldman
Mitchell Feldman answered on Dec 12, 2018

You obtain the assistance of a lawyer to review the claims and he or she will assist in this regard if there is a claim to be brought. I would not worry about a class let’s start with what happened to you and whether there is a chance for recovery or a claim against the broker at issue. If... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Stockbroker Fraud for Florida on
Q: Is it legal for a lender to change an appraisal on a home after CD has been signed by the seller the day of closing ?

Appraisal was completed and closings docs signed . The title company provided closing date . Closed two days prior to buyers closing . Day after sellers pre close paperwork was signed , the appraisal was flagged contract expired before lender could provide explanation. 12 hours later , lender... Read more »

Andy Wayne Williamson
Andy Wayne Williamson answered on Mar 19, 2018

Short answer is likely not, but you need to get off line and into an attorneys office in your area asap. There is just no way to say what should be done via this online forum and without reviewing all of the closing paperwork ect.

Good luck,

1 Answer | Asked in Stockbroker Fraud and Contracts for Florida on
Q: Contracted broker hired noninsured carrier to transport in agreement states any carrier to be insured

My shipment hasn't arrived and now find out the carrier the broker hired had no insurance. Also in terms of agreement any court proceedings were to be handled under Florida law. I'm in Montana. Any suggestions please thank you

Andy Wayne Williamson
Andy Wayne Williamson answered on Feb 8, 2018

Absolutely no way to say for sure without first reviewing the documents. If the contract is governed by Florida Law, then you need to consult with a Florida attorney.

Good luck,

2 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law, Arbitration / Mediation Law and Stockbroker Fraud for Florida on
Q: I am selling a home which the buyer backed out of the contract. How can I get the escrow agent to release those funds?

The buyer was in breach and did not secure their loan, apply and get approval from the HOA, but the escrow agent holding the deposit is stating the buyer must agree to releasing the funds.

Hollywood, FL

Andy Wayne Williamson
Andy Wayne Williamson answered on Jan 11, 2018

No way to say without first reviewing the contract documents. The refund of EMD can be a tricky topic that depends upon a variety of facts. Consult with a real estate attorney in the Hollywood, FL area.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant, Real Estate Law and Stockbroker Fraud for Florida on
Q: What I do about a sacm landlord
Jennifer Isaksen
Jennifer Isaksen answered on Sep 16, 2017

Your question does not provide enough information to give you a proper answer. If you are saying that you paid a deposit and now the landlord is not returning your calls, I would try to stop payment on the check. If that's not an option, I would write a letter requesting your deposit back... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Stockbroker Fraud and Real Estate Law for Florida on
Q: If a broker lists a bank owned house at a specified price and I offer to pay that amount, is the broker obligated by law

to accept my offer? There is no mention of bidding or accepting the highest offer in the brokers add.

5 hours later and no answer! Isn't there even 1 lawyer that knows the answer to my question?

Jonathan A. Klurfeld
Jonathan A. Klurfeld answered on Aug 22, 2017

Absolutely no obligation. Multiple offers is a very common situation and they may have already had other full asking price offers. Or there may already be an offer over asking and your offer, or broker is giving everyone a best and final offer chance. And an ad is not a binding contract either.... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Stockbroker Fraud, Business Law and Securities Law for Florida on
Q: We received an adverse claim regarding the 3,106,000 shares of SFRX.What can I do

I paid in full 12/15/2016 for unrestricted stocks. Then he and I had a dispute not related to the stock. The person I bought the stocks from took his time on getting me my stock and when I did receive the stocks they were restricted. I then had to pay his lawyer $250 to get a opinion letter... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Jul 22, 2017

You need the services of an attorney who works for you, not the other party. I don't know why you were required to pay the other party's attorney, but it may be something in the contract. Your attorney can review the whole matter and advise you.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Stockbroker Fraud, Consumer Law and Real Estate Law for Florida on
Q: My mortgage broker didn't put the right values for my student loan debts, what do I do?

I hired a mortgage broker to help me purchase my home in Florida.

I disclosed all liabilities via e-mail. This included a screenshot of my student loans , which totaled roughly 90k.

We have been in the house now for a few months and have been notified, by the broker, that our loan... Read more »

Jonathan A. Klurfeld
Jonathan A. Klurfeld answered on Sep 22, 2016

Maybe, maybe not. It was equally your duty to review your own documents for errors; as you admit you did and found the error but said nothing. The law equally puts the duty to read contract on you as one of the signing parties. This is surely a mess and you will need to retain an attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Stockbroker Fraud for Florida on
Q: My broker wrote a lease agreement i need to get out of. charging 5 % per year. how do i get out.

With a brokers help they wrote a lease agreement for a tenant of mine. but now i find out i signed a paper that says for any renewals or extensions i have to pay 5% of the yearly total to the broker who got me the tenant. its been 3 years ago and i have not renewed since then. i want to renew with... Read more »

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Aug 4, 2015

You asked this nearly two years ago. Has the problem been resolved by now?

1 Answer | Asked in Stockbroker Fraud for Florida on
Q: Can a non-licensed person broker a sale of real property and get paid for it?
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Jul 25, 2013

If the person is an attorney, yes. If not licensed as a real estate broker or agent, no.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.