Securities Law Q&A by State

Your current state is Virginia

US Territories

  • Puerto Rico

Show More States »

Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Securities Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Securities Law for Georgia on
Q: Hey , I want to know what security level (federal prison) should someone be at with his points being at 20?

None violent charges. He do have a extensive record but also all non violent nor drugs. He is now housed at a high level security facility. What is the process for him to be transferred due to me also having to travel 7 hours with a baby and my elderly father?

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Gov & Administrative Law, Securities Law and Social Security for Georgia on
Q: Can a pulic records website reveal a persons soical security number and other id information related to court documents.

I know court records are public record but can they post ss numbers, mothers names

And cases that invole minors or at least minors names?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Securities Law on
Q: It's legal to put cctv camera in front of my room door

For security reason

0 Answers | Asked in Securities Law on
Q: I am being asked to sign a POA in order to receive a shipment from the UK. WENSAM INVESTMENTS LIMITED, contents is gold

The owner of the safety deposit box lives in the US and is in London now needing the documents back, what is my legal responsibility when this is executed in the US. Is there a tariff tax, how do I know if this is a scam?

0 Answers | Asked in Business Law and Securities Law for Maryland on
Q: Are md special police allowed to be hired directly by a small business without going through a security agency?

For example a “mom & pop” shop like a convenience store or a food carry out store

0 Answers | Asked in Securities Law for Tennessee on
Q: In Tennessee can my vehicle have a shield insignia on a UTV used for Ranch security?

The insignia will NOT look like a police badge as it will display a deer.

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant and Securities Law for California on
Q: Can my property manager email a security footage picture of me to all tenants without my consent?

So, I recently parked in my unassigned spot in the parking garage of my building. This was definitely my mistake and there's certainly no excuse for it. I also know that there are security cameras in the parking garage, which I agree is important to make tenants feel safer and I fully... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Securities Law, Contracts, Banking and Legal Malpractice for California on
Q: I need to know if I have ownership rights to any property , securities, personal or private or beneficiary to the hearst

It wouldn't let me type what I was wanting to know I was wondering if I could be a direct decen dent to the hearst family estate or the howard hughes estate the way everything lays out tells me I am the rightful heir to all properties associated with them names my name is Johnny Raymond... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Securities Law for Washington on
Q: Teaching a friend how to trade securities without compensation. May I legally login his broker to Paper Trade over zoom?

I am teaching my best friend in California (from Washington) how to day trade securities. However, we're not using the broker (charting, level 2, scanners etc.) Can I login to his brokerage account, with his permission, to paper trade via his account for absolutely 0 commission over zoom?... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Securities Law on
Q: Can a US hedge fund invest through a foreign feeder fund and open accts to trade Forex with unlicensed foreign brokers?

1) Foreign brokers are not allowed to open accounts for US citizens.

2) Hedge fund has US accredited investors as LPs and indirectly is using their funds to open and trade accounts with such foreign brokers outside SEC jurisdiction.

3) Foreign brokers may have licenses with foreign... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant and Securities Law for New Jersey on
Q: I rent an apartment in fort lee, nj, if I will move out by Nov. 31, could I use my security deposit for Nov rent? Thanks
Morris Leo Greb
Morris Leo Greb answered on Oct 20, 2021

No! But the LL must return the security deposit promptly with 30 days or be subject to penalties. Speak to a local Fort Lee, NJ real estate attorney for details.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Securities Law for Texas on
Q: I have recently purchased a vehicle and finance company sends loan information to my employer

Purchased a vehicle yesterday, submitted proof of income (check stubs) as well as contact information to my corporate office to verify employment. Finance company contacts me to say no one was answering the phone at corporate, so I gave her an email address to send the verification. With the... Read more »

Teri A. Walter
Teri A. Walter answered on Oct 15, 2021

While I agree that they sent more information than was probably necessary, you don't have any apparent damages as a result of this action, and no claim arises from the facts you describe.

1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law for Georgia on
Q: Two people were in my house and recorded an audio altercation we had without my consent or knowledge. Is this legal?
Nelson Craig Johnson
Nelson Craig Johnson answered on Sep 7, 2021

Georgia is known as a single party consent state. That means that as long as one person in the conversation is aware it is being recorded then it is a proper and legal recording. There are States like Florida which require all parties know and consent to the recording.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts, Real Estate Law and Securities Law for Georgia on
Q: I have a levy on my house in Georgia by a person I have never entered into a contract with. Can I file a restraining

To prevent anymore interference on his part to make him stop interfering in my contract that he has already made a mess of. He was told in Dec2020 that he is not part of our real estate contract and not to attempt to speak on our buyers behalf. I do not know this person and he has now levied my... Read more »

Michael D. Birchmore
Michael D. Birchmore answered on Sep 5, 2021

Restraining him won't resolve the lien. Meet with an attorney to discuss the actual situation and allow the attorney to ask questions. Only in this way will you find a way through your problems.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Legal Malpractice, Securities Law and Small Claims for North Carolina on
Q: A grooming company strangled and killed my dog (Vet confirmed). The company refuses to show video proving they didn’t..

We have been going to them for over a year with zero complaints. The manager says my dog hurt himself. They were rude and refuse to help me understand. We took him to a vet and the vet confirmed he was strangled to death. The company refuses to show me the video footage from today that would prove... Read more »

Ben Corcoran
Ben Corcoran answered on Aug 17, 2021

You would need to sue them and then as part of the suit demand to see all videos that they took of your dog that day.

1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law for New York on
Q: Can I do royalties crowdfunding (profit sharing) for only a single property inside the company (LLC)?

We are a holdings company with many daughter-brands, each an independent venture, but only the holdings company is a registered LLC. We’d like to sell royalties (percentage of the profit) from these ventures in a crowdfunding campaign. Is that legal?

Michael Gilman
Michael Gilman answered on Jul 6, 2021

Selling royalties to passive investors takes you into the realm of securities regulation, and this would have to be a registered offering or have an exemption from registration. For crowd funding, most offerings will utilize 506(c) which allows general solicitation but requires investors to be... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Securities Law and Stockbroker Fraud for New Jersey on
Q: Can an execution-only company operate without a broker license? Handling the execution of copying securities trades
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer answered on Jun 23, 2021

There is no legal trading of any securities without a valid license for the appropriate security. If you do not have the right license for example to trade futures, and you do, then you have a serious problem. Don't do it!

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Securities Law for New Hampshire on
Q: Is the use of handcuffs or other restraint devices by security officers/guards allowed for detainment in NH

to control a combative/ assaultive individual who has or attempted to cause physical bodily harm to the guard/ officer or on another person. or is in the act of destruction of property where the security guard/officer is there to protect?

Leonard D. Harden
Leonard D. Harden answered on Jun 18, 2021

A security guard is authorized to use the same degree of force as anyone else. In other words being a security guard means that a person may use force that is reasonable to protect a person or property. Handcuffs do not require a license and are not considered deadly force. If a security person... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Domestic Violence, Native American Law and Securities Law for California on
Q: Dose pachanga security have a right to put their hands on me due to haveing no I'd on my person far from 21 , 43?

Wasn't in casino took dog out to potty security approached ?about my Id in witch I had none boyfriend did .I was demanded to leave in a direction I did know at all I explained I'm not going that way and I'm going back inside to buy breakfast and then I was going to leave I... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 1, 2021

Contact a member of the Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)--they give free consults. It's possible you have a case though I'm not sure if it is likely to cover the costs of bringing it.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.