Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Identity Theft legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Indiana Identity Theft Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Identity Theft for Indiana on
Q: I am seeking some advice for a situation that I was in 8 years ago
Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko
answered on Oct 15, 2020

Your question is not specific enough to answer.

1 Answer | Asked in Collections and Identity Theft for Indiana on
Q: If I am being sued for stealing money from someone, how do I go about it?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Oct 5, 2020

An Indiana attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for four weeks. It would be difficult for an attorney to offer instructions of a general nature in such a setting because they would need to see what is alleged in the papers. It would be better to take the papers that were served... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Identity Theft and Libel & Slander for Indiana on
Q: How long does a woman have to change her name after the court restored the name she requested? It’s been seven years.

The woman has picked up many charges and is using my last name to do so including a recent deception charge. She’s trying to impersonate my children’s deceased mother as well in hopes of becoming the payee for disability or social security. Plus, she’s squatting in a deceased man’s house... View More

John Mario Acosta Jr.
John Mario Acosta Jr.
answered on Jul 30, 2019

Based on the information provided in your question as long as the court issued an order she could restore her maiden name upon the dissolution of marriage then it can be done, even though the order if old.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Identity Theft for Indiana on
Q: why is the case about my daughter's abuse posted for everyone to see on google?

i just googled my name because my sister said all my information is all over the internet i dont understand how my daughter's information about being sexually abused and putting the man away is all on the court documents where everyone can see as soon as you search my name.

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Apr 7, 2019

That is a good question. But how is any lawyer with that limited information to know why the information is on the world wide web

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Identity Theft, Small Claims and Employment Law for Indiana on
Q: my old roommate has been using my payroll card for months...
Alexander Florian Steciuch
Alexander Florian Steciuch
answered on Feb 26, 2019

What's the question? Report him to the police, freeze your credit if you are afraid that a loan has been taken out in your name or other accounts established and look into filing a claim against him for any damages you have incurred.

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Federal Crimes, Identity Theft and White Collar Crime for Indiana on
Q: My hiring manager forged my application and background check after I submitted it. They signed my signature.

I found out because she had all my private file accessible on a Work computer. Both pieces of information have been rewritten completely with false contact information. I didn’t give her authorization. It is a California based retail company and an at will company. I printed the paperwork and now... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security, Tax Law, Criminal Law and Identity Theft for Indiana on
Q: Someone called my college impersonating me to get tax forms using my social security number, and changed my address
Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko
answered on Feb 4, 2017

Unless you have a suspect, calling the police may be futile. Ask your college security or police department to investigate, and contact one of the three major credit agencies to put out a fraud alert.

1 Answer | Asked in Identity Theft for Indiana on
Q: Company sent my w2 to another employee and she opened it what do I do to prevent identity theft?

The company I work for sent my w2 to an address I have never lived at due to my last name being the same as another employees last name they put her address on my w2 and sent it. This lady saw the last name and opened the w2 without realizing it wasn't hers. Now, I have no idea if this person... View More

Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko
answered on Sep 21, 2016

There are private vendors that provide identity theft protection, but you can also put out a fraud alert through any of the three major credit reporting agencies. You can do this online.

1 Answer | Asked in Identity Theft for Indiana on
Q: What do you do in identy thef matter

someone stole my identy from me some how what do i do

Burton A. Padove
Burton A. Padove pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jul 20, 2011

I am saddened to hear about this invasion in your life. File a police report. Contact your insurance company in the event that you have any coverage for ID theft. Complete the forms and read the aricle at the Federal Trade Commission Website, do a credit check and cancel all credit cards,... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.