Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Internet Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Oklahoma Internet Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Federal Crimes and Internet Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Can a case be dismissed on a typing error. Affidavit has date that hadn't even occurred yet on it as part of it

Example. On September of 2023 & January 31st 2024. And the person was arrested before January 31st. Saying a crime happened on or about those days

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 1, 2024

A case can potentially be dismissed due to a significant typographical error or inconsistency in an affidavit, particularly if it impacts the accuracy and credibility of the allegations. If the affidavit contains a date that hadn't occurred yet at the time of the alleged crime and the person... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Communications Law, Internet Law and Libel & Slander for Oklahoma on
Q: How would I go about getting some harassing and malicious text messages gone through and press charges?

Someone was sending text messages to my husband and me using an app where they could keep changing their phone number. I would try to engage with them to see if they would tell me who they were. They knew things about me, like me having cancer and what road I lived off of. My number was not given... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 31, 2024

I understand your concern regarding the harassing and malicious text messages you've been receiving. To address this situation, start by preserving all evidence of these messages, including screenshots, dates, and any information you have about the sender. This documentation will be crucial if... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law and Securities Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Does two-factor authentication using your personal phone put the phone at risk for an open records request?

In municipal government, if you submit your personal phone number to be either texted or called with a code to verify your identity as an extra security measure when logging onto a work computer, does this open the contents of that phone to be requested during an open records request?

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 2, 2023

It is unlikely that providing your personal phone number for two-factor authentication in a municipal government system would make the contents of that phone subject to an open records request. Open records laws typically apply to government documents and information, not to personal devices or... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Internet Law and Juvenile Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Can A 14 Year Old Make A Statement On The Stand?

Hi, I was wondering if my 14 year old sister could go up to the stand and make a statement. She wants to clarify the situation since our parent(s) are completely over-dramatizing the situation (according to her) .... She feels as if it's our parents are against the defendant (19) and she... View More

Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan
answered on Jun 1, 2022

As a general rule age is usually not a bar two ones ability to testify as a witness in a courtroom as long as they have the capacity to testify truthfully and their testimony could assist the trier of fact (Jury or Judge). However, the attorneys on each side could have something to say about it. I... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment, Internet Law and Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I am being blackmailed with a video of sexual nature taken of me at 16.

I have proof of him threatening me directly and through another person. He has harassed me on and off since I dated him a year ago. He harassed me and other girl last night and is not threatening to post said video as a way to keep me quiet about his harassment last night.

Charles Watts
Charles Watts
answered on Aug 4, 2021

Contact an attorney as well as file a police report regarding the harassment and threats, and consider potentially filing a VPO. There are specific statutes regarding this type of crime and it should be taken seriously.

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning and Internet Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I had bought land from my father but never got a deed. He passed no will 12/20. He is the title owner alone. What to do?

Father no will. I have been living on property for 10 yrs. No child with stepmother, 3 children from marriage to our mother. My dads new wife let us kids come to the farm for 3 HR. & get personal items she had set out for us. My sister had charge over his medical decisions & funeral if he... View More

James Tack Jr
James Tack Jr
answered on Feb 17, 2021

If a probate has not been commenced, you should initiate probate proceedings in the County where your father lived. If one has already been initiated, you should hire an attorney to protect your rights. You must have a probate for good title to be passed on Oklahoma real estate. In the probate,... View More

1 Answer | Asked in International Law, Internet Law and Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: The dept of homeland security took my computer from work and my phone more than two weeks ago.

The agent stopped returning my calls a week ago

Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg
answered on Feb 23, 2018

This isn't International law. You very likely need an Oklahoma lawyer now. I'm guessing that you need a lawyer with experience in Criminal Defense. And, you need to shut up and stop posting on the Internet until you get one.

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law for Oklahoma on
Q: My underage/minor son paid money on an Adult only internet site. Is the site required to payback the money to us?
Howard Berkson
Howard Berkson
answered on Oct 26, 2013

Ordinarily, a contract with a minor can be voided, but there are exceptions. It is difficult to be more specific without more information. You should consult with an attorney who, with more information, can better explain your options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.