Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oklahoma Military Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and Military Law for Oklahoma on
Q: how long it will take if my military solider US citizen brother applies for me. i am f1 student currently in USA
Monica E Rottermann
Monica E Rottermann
answered on Jan 9, 2023

Depends on the country of your birth. You should look at the Visa Bulletin under the category F4 to see the wait times:

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Military Law and Family Law for Oklahoma on
Q: My soon to be ex husband is active duty military. I moved out on Tuesday. Is he obligated to help me financially?

I’m a full time student and make about $1500 a month from disability and cannot afford a house on my own. I’m living out of a van at the moment. I’m wondering if he’s obligated to support me financially until the divorce is finalized ? He’s in TX active duty navy, im in OK now.

Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko PRO label
answered on Oct 24, 2022

Yes he is required to pay by military regulation, if he will not agree to pay, contact the Inspector General's Office. This is just a temporary measure until you obtain a court order.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Military Law for Oklahoma on
Q: is it against the law in Oklahoma to fly a green and white American flag with marijuana leaves on it?

Marijuana shops around Oklahoma City have recently begin waving defiled American flags The colors have been changed to green and white and they are covered with marijuana leaves. Is this against the law in Oklahoma and if so what are the possible penalties?

When I read Oklahoma Statutes,... Read more »

Richard Winblad
Richard Winblad
answered on Jun 2, 2020

I agree it is in poor taste. However, the First Amendment protect creation of such item.

1 Answer | Asked in Military Law and Divorce for Oklahoma on
Q: My husband claims me on his VA benefits still, he hasn't supported me or my children, when I had them home, in 5 years.

I'm currently unemployed. He has purchased approximately 40,000 in motor vehicles in the marriage. Im intitled to half of I believe. Inhertance, which im uninterested in, and half homeowner.

Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean
answered on Jul 15, 2018

You should consult an experienced Family Law Attorney, in your area, for help with this problem ASAP. You have waited long enough to receive what you're entitled to from this bum!

1 Answer | Asked in Military Law for Oklahoma on
Q: How much time does chain of command have to initiate a statement of charges?

I was on gate guard for 6 months. Never signed for any of the gear from supply person or anyone when I took over but I did sign out gear to each individual soldier. When I left, I signed over all gear to the new guy taking over and now 9 months later, they are saying some gear is missing and I may... Read more »

John Cannon
John Cannon
answered on Jul 12, 2018

You need legal assistance office or a retained attorney to assist you in your FLIPL rebuttal. Not having a signed hand receipt for government property is potentially a valid defense.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Military Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Getting out of the military soon and concerned about me being in limbo when finding income to continue CS for my son.

My ex is in Oklahoma, while in in Washington. I don't exactly have plans going back home, but I also want to start some form of custody( not sole, but still an option after certain events) so I can finally be apart of my son's growth and life to the fullest. It's hard not being able... Read more »

Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden
answered on Apr 25, 2018

A good place to start is contact an attorney near where the mother lives to discuss your options. They can explain how custody, visitation, and child support works and help you come up with a plan to make it happen.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Divorce, Family Law and Military Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Military Dad ask mom to sign custody so he can receive financial benefits of BAH money. Can mom restore custody back?

Kids have always resided with mom. Mom brought kids for a visit and Dad presented document to the police who then escorted Mom away. Mom wants to know how to get children back physically. Dad will not allow kids to see Mom or any of her family. He has isolated the children, re-married, and... Read more »

Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean
answered on Dec 15, 2017

So much for trusting a guy who was trying to defraud the government! She will need to hire a lawyer, and file a Motion to Modify. Also probably write the Commanding Officer of his base and share all the details. Good luck.

Please visit my website and Subscribe for...
Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Military Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Is anyone working on the military's Mandatory Supervised Release program?

Currently incarcerated on "parole" without a court order under the military Mandatory Supervised Release Program. Pursuing relief via Habeas Corpus, but am having to go in forma pauperis / pro se. Let me know if you are interested, even academically.

Bradley M. Glaze
Bradley M. Glaze
answered on May 3, 2011

To provide any assistance in this area, you would have to provide more information. I am assuming that you were incarcerated by the Army. If that is the case, your MSR should be handled through the Army Review Boards Agency ( An attorney answering this... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.