Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oklahoma Products Liability Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Oklahoma on
Q: Can I sue if a faulty vehicle USB charger adapter set my motorcycle on fire

Purchased today a charging port that goes on a motorcycle and had it installed according to the instructions by a shop I was riding home and felt my seat get hot and stopped and saw flames and it got too bad too quick I had to wait for the fire department

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jan 15, 2022

An Oklahoma attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for four weeks. It's possible that you could sue, but it might not be the type of case that a law firm would handle on a contingency basis. Product liability cases are instituted for injuries resulting from defective... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability and Landlord - Tenant for Oklahoma on
Q: If a renter of a self storage is delinquent in payment within 60 days and someone pays it for them can the person paying

Fees and past due rent take possession of the unit(s)?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 4, 2021

Not without some type of agreement. They would be considered a "volunteer."

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Oklahoma on
Q: I had a 9 volt battery sitting by itself in a bowl in my room that spontaneously exploded while I slept

Set my carpet and bed and burned my arm and leg .I doctored wounds at do I go about getting compensation from this incident from battery company?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jun 1, 2021

An Oklahoma attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. You could reach out to attorneys who handle such cases and try to arrange a free initial consult. Preserve all the material you have from the explosion. This could be a tough case as a general matter, without... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Oklahoma on
Q: Hello, I purchased a pack of cookies from Braum's. I began to eat one and it appeared to be a piece of glass in it.

What should I do ?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Sep 22, 2019

What you should do would depend on whether you sustained any injuries. I hope you did not. But if you did, it's possible you could have the grounds for a claim. If you were injured, you should speak with an Oklahoma attorney and preserve the cookie(s) containing glass and remainder of the... Read more »

Q: decorating false fingernail to sell, can a provisional patent application be filed, for process, false fingernail use
Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn answered on Jul 10, 2019

You can file a provisional patent application and say patent pending for a year but that may not be a long-term fix. In order for the patent process to be valuable to you, you need to get claims in a non-provisional application through the examination process. You will need to show that what you... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability and Agricultural Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I have a tractor service I brush hog along the side of roads .and build driveways what color of flashing lights can I ha

Also on my truck and trailer

Kyle Persaud
Kyle Persaud answered on Mar 16, 2019

To see the rules for what color your lights have to be, click here:

Scroll down to page 434. Beginning on page 434, you see a series of tables that tell the color that lights have to be.

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability and Small Claims for Oklahoma on
Q: How many days do I have to give notice before I dispose of personall property in my personal property?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 7, 2017

Depends on the situation and nature of the property and how and why it was left there.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Personal Injury, Products Liability and Workers' Compensation for Oklahoma on
Q: I developed a pulmonary embolism from work comp surgery, what should I do?

In January I slipped and fell on the job and severed my patellar tendon. The injury required surgical reattachment and for two days after surgery I was told not to move from my bed. I wasn't not sent home on any type of anticoagulants or with an exercise machine and I developed a DVT which led... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 12, 2017

I assume you have a comp attorney. Ask them. If you don't have one , contact a member of the Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association--they give free consults.

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law and Products Liability for Oklahoma on
Q: Can an animal vaccine manufacturer be sued?

Hello, I was wondering if an animal vaccine manufacturer can be sued over the death of an animal. We had to put our dog down today because of distemper, even though she had been vaccinated. The vet has the records and is checking to see if the manufacturer will pay the veterinarian bill for having... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jan 20, 2017

If its a recurrent problem, possibly a class action. The law treats pets like objects.They have a certain retail value, and the value of your pet based on resales for dogs of that age, variety, condition is what youi get--what it meant to you, you don't get.

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Oklahoma on
Q: Do i have legal recourse after biting into a grasshopper head in a can of store bought green beans?
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Jul 14, 2015

If you were injured, seek medical care and talk to an injury lawyer. If not, you can ask for a refund and/or report it to the manufacturer -- they may send you vouchers for free green beans.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.