Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Washington Sexual Harassment Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Washington on
Q: I filed a sexual harassment complaint against my supervisor, and while the investigation is completed, it seems wrong.

I attempted to quietly change my schedule, as I wanted to phase myself out of my supervisors shifts due to sexually suggestive remarks. When I explained this to a store manager, he told me it was a mandatory SH complaint. As of this morning, HR concluded their investigation, and not only is he... Read more »

Brad S Kane
Brad S Kane
answered on Jun 9, 2022

Sexual harassment claims are very fact specific. In order to be actionable, the supervisor's harassment must be either: (i) severe; or (ii) pervasive. In other words, a single incident of inappropriate touching may meet the severe threshold. While frequent "flirty" comments about... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Sexual Harassment for Washington on
Q: How much will a lawyer charge to represent me in a sexual abuse claim against a Catholic priest in Seattle?

I know a lawyer won't charge me up front I just want to get an idea of how much he would take when I win my case. Thank you

Steve Dashiak
Steve Dashiak
answered on Apr 21, 2022

The standard fee for personal injury cases, including sex abuse cases, is 1/3 of the total recovery plus costs advanced. If the matter goes to litigation, the fee goes up to 40% plus costs advanced.

I commend your bravery in coming forward to get some justice. I wish you the best.

2 Answers | Asked in Sexual Harassment for Washington on
Q: If someone is sending around sexually explicit pictures of my body without my consent, what can I do about that?
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Aug 12, 2019

The first thing you should do is STOP giving people "sexually explicit pictures of your body."

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Washington on
Q: If I have been sexually assaulted, but my parent doesn't believe me, can I still press charges without them letting me
Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
answered on Dec 24, 2018

You should report crimes to the police immediately, whether you're a minor or not. A juvenile does not need adult permission to report a crime. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney such as... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Civil Litigation, Personal Injury and Sexual Harassment for Washington on
Q: Could a business be sued for reckless endangerment or negligence for not banning a known sexual predator who reoffends?

The businesses are a social dancing venues, and the person in question has been accused of sexually assaulting at least four people, and has a history of consent violations and inappropriate behavior going back many years. The businesses continue to hire this person, knowing his history, and he... Read more »

Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
answered on Dec 26, 2018

That business might be sued for negligence by victims of the employee. If the employee has committed any crimes, such as assault, the victim can call the police to report this. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for Washington on
Q: Who do I need to consult if my son is being accused of sexual harassment by a school staff (he's a minor)
Ryan Ford
Ryan Ford
answered on Jul 11, 2017

I just signed up with JUSTIA. I see that you posted your question 3 months ago. Are you still having issues with your son's school?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Domestic Violence and Sexual Harassment for Washington on
Q: I'm an author looking to write a realistic account of what happens to a character who commits a crime.

Character attempts to kidnap child, is caught and arrested before he can succeed. Child is unharmed. Character confesses a sexual interest in the child, however, has committed (nor attempted) no prior crimes whatsoever. Any information about this proceeding will be helpful, but specifically my... Read more »

Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko
answered on Oct 9, 2016

An attempt to commit a crime is still a crime, so attempted kidnapping is the likely charge. Possible penalties are set by state and/or federal law, and any sentence would be within the range allowed by law. Predicting the actiual sentence would be impossible.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.