Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nebraska Contracts Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Contracts for Nebraska on
Q: How long do I have to invoice a consumer for my service?

I was reviewing accounts and realized I never invoiced a consumer for my services. A year has passed since the services, are they still legally bound to pay me?

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler answered on Sep 21, 2021

Depending on the facts, you are still likely within the statute of limitations to collect the debt. Call the customer and explain the mistake. The customer shouldn't expect to get a free service when there was an agreement to pay. You may also need to talk with your tax professional to find... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Construction Law and Contracts for Nebraska on
Q: Can a contractor circumvent the law by forcing the property owner to sign a contract that tells them to.

In Nebraska, the law is that a contractor must place a fence 14 inches from any utility lines. If a contractor places a provision in the contract with the land owner that the land owner will be liable for any damage to utility lines as a result of the land owner asking for less than a 14 inch... Read more »

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler answered on Apr 7, 2020

Unless the State is part of the agreement, a private agreement between parties that they won't follow the law doesn't make the law unenforceable. That being said, it is allowed in certain circumstances for parties to contract for one party to indemnify the other party for costs... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Criminal Law, Business Law and Internet Law for Nebraska on
Q: i have been defrauded by a contractor , how do get him prosecuted, as even when i win in small claims he won't have pay

i have a signed contract to paint my house w/$2850 down in 11/28/18 in 7/29/19 in the witness of a police officer he refused to even"Start"

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler answered on Nov 18, 2019

If you have been defrauded by a contractor, you should contact the non-emergency law enforcement phone number and file a police report and/or contact the county attorney's office to report the crime. They will likely want supporting documentation of the fraud, so you will want to provide a... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Divorce, Family Law and Child Support for Nebraska on
Q: Hello... I'm looking for West's Texas Digest full volume set. Have an idea where I can find a hard copy somewhere?

I'm not for sure which reporter it is under. But all "contracts", designed by John B. West in his "West American Digest System" in the mid 1800s, and developed by "West Publishing" to organize the entire body of American Law.

For instance, I have... Read more »

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler answered on Sep 2, 2019

Contact West Publishing? Amazon? E-bay?

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts and Juvenile Law for Nebraska on
Q: At what age do signers of a contract need to be in the state of Nebraska for the contract to be considered legitimate?

I was 18 when I agreed to the terms of a contract with an internet and phone company in Nebraska. I incurred debt with them and wonder whether or not I am legally responsible for upholding the contract I signed at the age of 18.

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on May 9, 2019

Google Nebraska age of consent or age of majority.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Nebraska on
Q: It's an oral agreement on the sale price valid?

There was a car for sale that my daughter's friend wanted to purchase, seller said he would like $700

So the friend sold his motorcycle for the money to purchase the vehicle, then seller asked for more money. There are several witnesses to the fact, as others have also inquired about... Read more »

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Aug 11, 2015

Oral agreements can be valid in many situations, but if the person doesn't perform you have to sue to enforce and there is often disputed testimony about the agreement. Check with a local lawyer about your rights and options. A letter from a lawyer may be helpful.

Please Take Notice:...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Nebraska on
Q: How do I cancel a contract for roofing that was signed yesterday?
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on May 29, 2015

Review the contract to see whether and how it can be cancelled. A Nebraska contract lawyer can help you determine this and whether your contract has a cooling off period.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.