Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Idaho Contracts Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Estate Planning for Idaho on

Q: I want Dad to divide his estate between wife #4 and step-son from wife #2. Will the court be OK with this will?

I do not need/want any part of Dad's estate. Does Idaho law refuse estate being passed to a non-blood family member over me, his natural child? Does Idaho law allow current wife to receive 50% of his estate? Dad is a healthy 92 year old but we need to know the facts of Idaho estate laws.

Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Jun 5, 2019

If you need to know Idaho law on these important issues, hire an Idaho lawyer.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Idaho on

Q: We are under contract to sell our home and my partner just died. Realtor is asking me to sign a quick claim deed what do

Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on May 24, 2019

This important question cannot be answered unless and until a lawyer has an opportunity to review all relevant papers and consider all available options.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Idaho on

Q: If I have paid for the month in full, how can the owner of the self storage facility lock me out?

Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on May 17, 2019

They can't; and most do not. This leads me to suspect there is a whole lot more to this situation than you described.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Idaho on

Q: Gayron Zaugg caused his company to double bill me and pocket the money. He is refusing to answer my phone calls.

On May of 2017 I signed a contract that Geyron Zaugg with "Live Security" presented me. The contract was with Safe Home Security "SHS" for 36 months. On June of 2018 Geyron Zaugg transferred my account, without my knowledge or agreement, from SHS to Alder Security. At this time I began getting... Read more »

Kevin M Rogers answered on Feb 5, 2019

"Secondary paper" is bought and sold all the time, so yes, its legal for a business to sell whatever accounts they have collect on or sell to "bundle" or sell separately. However, upon googling "Geyron Zaugg," there doesn't seem to be any information on him. From your question I gathered that Mr.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Estate Planning, Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Idaho on

Q: Do I need a lawyer to file for a partition of property? If I hire one, am I just making a bad situation more worse?

My mother had bad credit. I had excellent credit. She said it would be good for my credit and my future if we bought a house together while I went to school full time and paid my loans as a I went. This is in Idaho. She was the primary owner and she paid the mortgage, as she promised. I gave her... Read more »

Kevin M Rogers answered on Oct 10, 2018

Why don’t you ask your mother to quit claim her interest in the property to you? Partitioning this property won’t answer the question of what money you might owe to your mother? As for your question, this is not a difficult situation for an experienced attorney to handle, and if you know what... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts for Idaho on

Q: wondering if an oral contract is still legally binding in Idaho as of today, everything I'm finding online is outdated

Kevin M Rogers answered on Oct 2, 2018

An oral contract is legally binding with any kind of contract with one exception - the sale or purchase of real property.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Contracts for Idaho on

Q: cell insurance doesnt have my phone, gave me option of upgraded model but says my deduct will go up by 125.00 can they

increased deductible 125.00 because they dont have my phone!! is that legal

Christian Lassen answered on Apr 2, 2018

We would have to review the policy in order to provide meaningful answers

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law and Contracts for Idaho on

Q: Who is responsible when suing an LLC?

I had an LLC do a $15k backyard project in October 2017, issues have risen and I am now planning to take the company to small claims. I learned that the company switched owners at the beginning of March 2018 and the new owners are now claiming they are not responsible. It is all listed under the... Read more »

Michael Hales answered on Mar 28, 2018

The prior owners will be responsible, but the new ones may be as well depending on the sales agreement when they purchased the business. You may want to talk to an attorney who can review all the facts of your situation.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Idaho on

Q: My chiro wants to charge me double for past services if I leave and stop payments. According to them, no contract on fil

My chiropractor wants to charge me double for past services if I leave and stop payments. According to them, there is no contract on file for amount for each service. Can I tell them to cease and desist? Will they come after me for services rendered?

Michael Hales answered on Mar 9, 2018

Depending on the amount of money involved, I'd recommend just working this out with the office. I assume that their argument is that they gave you a discount for a long-term service agreement, but without any writing, this will be difficult for either side to prove, leaving you with the obligation... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Contracts for Idaho on

Q: Should we be able to get our money back?

My wife and I went to our gym in 2016 told them we wanted to cancel, the desk worker confirmed we were cancelled and would no longer be charged. A year later we have discovered that we are still being charged. I called the billing company and they say that per our contract we have to write a letter... Read more »

Michael Hales answered on Feb 8, 2018

While I feel that you have a valid complaint, the issue will be proving that you gave the verbal cancellation. Is there anything evidence from that day?

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Idaho on

Q: If a guy and i sign a contract for him to give me money and he doesnt give it to me can i do anything?

my mom was gonna pay the money back. She signed it and was gonna pay it back after selling her house. The money is now in an annuity.

Michael Hales answered on Feb 8, 2018

Sounds like you have a claim for breach of contract. However, this is an area of law that has many exceptions and rules, so I recommend having an attorney review the situation, especially if it's a substantial amount of money.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law and Contracts for Idaho on

Q: Is someone not registered as a business owner entitled to anything? We did not hire them.

Someone is threatening to take me to court over a business I am registered to as the owner. The other party was going to be added on as a part owner but the paperwork was never filed. Now we have decided not to work together. The other party wants money for the time spent helping the business... Read more »

Michael Hales answered on Jan 7, 2018

I had a very similar case in Orlando a few years back. The parties were planning a joint venture, but it never went through. Unfortunately, my client made some verbal promises that the other party relied on and started moving forward as if they agreement had been made. My client didn't stop him... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Family Law, Juvenile Law and Social Security for Idaho on

Q: Can I sue my mom for not paying me money she owes me?

I am 17. Roughly two years ago when my baby sister was first born, my mother agreed to pay me $20 every time she was gone more than two hours and I had to watch the baby. Well, she now owes me over $600 and there has been multiple instances where she has left me overnight alone with my 5 younger... Read more »

F. Anthony Bullock answered on Dec 20, 2017

Courts in most states would construe such an arrangement as a gratuitous promise, unsupported by consideration, and therefore unenforceable at law. In short if you attempted to engage in litigation to recover the requested sum it is unlikely that you will be successful.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Idaho on

Q: When can a food product manufacturer sell a product order by a customer but not picked up?

A customer paid a 50% deposit for a product but has not picked it up. When can we sell the product to another customer?

Adam Studnicki answered on Aug 28, 2015

First place to look is the terms and conditions of your order form. The UCC might apply. Talk to a local lawyer.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is general information that is given for legal education only. It is not...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Idaho on

Q: If you rent a boat, which party is responsible for equipment failure and storm-related damages?

Zaher Fallahi answered on Nov 18, 2013

This depends on the terms of the rental contract. Generally, ordinary tear and wear in the regular course of business may be borne by the owner. If storm was reasonably expected in the area and under the circumstances, this may be covered by the owner. Read the fin lines of the contract and consult... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.