Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Minnesota Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Minnesota on
Q: Can the police in minnesota enter my home without permission to serve a felony arrest warrant from another state
Thomas C Gallagher
Thomas C Gallagher
answered on Dec 23, 2021

That would depend upon whether they had reason to believe that the fugitive named in the arrest warrant was in the home. The Minnesota arrest warrant would be based upon the out-of-state warrant.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets, Civil Rights and Gov & Administrative Law for Minnesota on
Q: I learned that i techinacally do not need a license since i have no waived my rights. what do i do if i get pulled over.

I learned that if i get a licience that means i am waving my rights and that i must follow all laws in my state related to using and obtaining my vehicle. I dont want to get license because i want to keep my rights. I know i have the right to travel and by obtaining my license i will loose that... Read more »

Jonathan Matthew Holson
Jonathan Matthew Holson
answered on Apr 22, 2021

You cannot legally drive without a license. So you will get ticketed, fined and perhaps even jailed if you drive without a license, especially if you do so repeatedly. Otherwise you can get a license and drive legally.

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Small Claims for Minnesota on
Q: How long can the government keep my property that was seized outside the scope of their action?

I sent a part for my car to a shop in another state to be repaired. This part is a critical component that makes my car inoperable in its absence. While my part was in the repair facility, the police ordered the business closed due to their failure to pay a judgement on a civil suit brought by a... Read more »

William Bailey
William Bailey
answered on Jan 5, 2021

Have you contacted law enforcement to see about recovering your property? I would suggest that as a first step.

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law, Construction Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Minnesota on
Q: Does police office give me a warning or serious ticket and how will be?

i entered the open line while the opposite line was closed at work zone in Faribault mn then police officer stop me and got picture on my driver license, said to me we will send you a ticket to you mail? is it a serious ticket or warning ?

William Bailey
William Bailey
answered on Aug 11, 2020

It sounds like the are citing you for something. They do not generally mail warnings to someone. You will likely receive a citation at the address on your license. It would be wise to speak to an attorney to see if you can keep this off of your record.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Minnesota on
Q: Do private clubs have to follow the Governors new mandate on masks?

Meaning a Club that you need to be a member of in order to be there. Public would not be allowed to come in off the street. Members only

Jonathan Matthew Holson
Jonathan Matthew Holson
answered on Jul 23, 2020

You don't provide enough information here to intelligently answer the question. What do you mean by "private clubs?"

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Gov & Administrative Law for Minnesota on
Q: What can I do for being put on probation for 5 years for absolutely nothing and. Having my criminal history changed ?

I took the case to trial and was scheduled to get off probation in 2034. I got off probation in 2011 but about a month ago I checked and it says in now being monitored till 2039

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Oct 1, 2019

Sounds like you to pled to the charge. If you believed there was absolutely nothing, why would you take a plea instead of going to trial?

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Criminal Law, DUI / DWI and Civil Rights for Minnesota on
Q: can you have your license revokes if cops didnt pull you over?

cops didnt see me driving going on hearsay that i was, then came to my house arrested me towed car didnt read me right i did field sobriety test they said i refused it but they have levels from test, i bailed out of jail 1200.00 dollars now they gave me a notice of order of revocation,i wasnt even... Read more »

Thomas C Gallagher
Thomas C Gallagher
answered on Jun 5, 2019

Most DWI arrests follow a traffic stop by police. But not all. Some few follow a police contact at the arrested person's home. And some follow events that do not include police observation of driving. However, often DWI cases where the police do not observe driving, operating or control... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Gov & Administrative Law for Minnesota on
Q: I am moving and I set up a garage sale that upon packing I have added more it was placed neatly on my yard and covered

When rained the city sent an abatement letter and gave me a date of june 12 to comply and clean up but the city came in on fri June 8 and bull dozering everything destroying all how can they not go by there own rules and the money I lost !! Thanks

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Jun 12, 2018

Look at the case of Carton v. City of St. Petersburg. I believe that will provide you guidance. Google

1 Answer | Asked in Probate and Gov & Administrative Law for Minnesota on
Q: Can I change my Alabama license over to Minnesota since I moved there even tho I have property in probate in Alabama
Kenneth V Zichi
Kenneth V Zichi
answered on Dec 12, 2017

You should hold a license in your LEGAL RESIDENCE State. Whether or not there are proceedings in any other state are not relevant.

If you have NOT moved permanently and intend to move back in a short time, then changing your license is not needed, but if you intend to remain in MN then you...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.