Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Mississippi Contracts Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Business Law for Mississippi on
Q: I deliver gravel. Payment required upon delivery. What should I do if someone refuses to pay?

I have a small dumptruck and deliver gravel to people's homes and the occasional business. Occasionally I take my tractor to grade their driveway, spread material and such. I'm primarily contacted usually via my Facebook page or Messenger and I always call by phone to confirm. What... Read more »

Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon answered on May 7, 2018

The best course of action would be to always make sure that they sign a contract ahead of time, detailing the estimated cost, delivery date, etc. That way, if you show up perform the work, and they refuse to pay, you can sue them for breach of contract.

1 Answer | Asked in Collections, Contracts, Landlord - Tenant and Real Estate Law for Mississippi on
Q: hired a realty company to manage property and they didn’t pay utilities, do a walk through or collect security deposit.

Shouldn’t they be responsible for upholding their end of the contract? I’m out of pocket paying for repairs and now I find out the electric bill wasn’t paid the last two months of the tenets occupation of the property. They don’t want to take any responsibility or pay the bills that are... Read more »

Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon answered on Apr 4, 2018

Assuming that you have a valid contract, because the company has failed to adhere to the terms of that particular contract, you may be able to terminate the contract, especially if they continue to be unwilling to follow it. If the company received funds that were supposed to be allocated to paying... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts, Family Law and Small Claims for Mississippi on
Q: Is a verbal agreement binding if specifics are not read into the record?

Both attorneys for each party verbally agreed to specifics in my custody modification, but when my attorney read it into the record she left out many details stating they would be in the paperwork. A month later those details were not included, my attorney made the corrections when I insisted I... Read more »

Stephanie E. Emanuel
Stephanie E. Emanuel answered on Dec 10, 2017

Typical litigation case. You should consult with your lawyer to see what he wants to do. If you want a second opinion on a case or change your lawyers to better manage your case than don't hesitate to reach out for a free consultation with an attorney.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Intellectual Property, Municipal Law and Landlord - Tenant for Mississippi on
Q: What legal action can I take against my apartment complex for neighbors disturbing the peace.

I've contacted the property manager and the regional manager and they've been dragging their feet on the issue. The problem has been going on for the past 6 months..

Griffin Klema
Griffin Klema answered on Sep 17, 2017

Depending on what your state's law provides for noise ordinances, nuisances, or disorderly conduct, you may be able to pursue a civil action against the tenants under a theory of "negligence per se."

As for the property owner or management company, they too may be liable...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Products Liability, Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for Mississippi on
Q: Can someone get a vehicle financed but get the check in someone else's name without them knowing?

I sold the vehicle about 6 months ago but received a message today he financed it. He said the finance sent it to the bank but the check is in my name. He wants me to cash it for him. What does this mean for me? I was unaware of this till I received the message asking me to cash it for him.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 12, 2017

You would know if he financed it. If you sold it you got the proceeds because it's in your name.

He should ask you just to sign the check over to him.

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice, Consumer Law, Contracts and Business Law for Mississippi on
Q: Hi everyone, Why is it legal for AT&T to take away my unused minutes after 30 days with gophone. Cash paid in advance.

Upon getting a gophone one must agree to the terms of AT&T.

I'm disabled and on a small fixed income. I can only afford the prepaid gophone . I refill in small increments because I do not make many calls. I'm old and sometimes forget things. My minutes are gone if I forget to... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 30, 2016

File a complaint with the FCC and with the consumer protection division of the Attorney General's office in Mississippi.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Mississippi on
Q: I am a college student in Mississippi. I sent a textbook to and have not received any money. Legal action?
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Oct 22, 2015

More facts are needed. Did you have a signed contract? Did you have the work copyrighted?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.