Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Mississippi Legal Malpractice Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Legal Malpractice for Mississippi on
Q: Should a lawyer tell you he isn’t the kind of lawyer you need before he tells you to take a open plea.

And also was told some of the charges where dropped but they wasn’t and got the papers after he was sentenced and a lot on it wasn’t true. And the judge made his discussion on letters that was sent in to him.the lawyer wasn’t a criminal lawyer and I have read before you take a open plea you... Read more »

Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon answered on Mar 17, 2022

From the looks of it, there may be a potential avenue for post conviction relief; however, it always depends on the particulars of a given case. Your best bet is going to be to get with an experienced criminal defense lawyer to see what, if anything, can be done.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Family Law, Legal Malpractice and Small Claims for Mississippi on
Q: How can I legally access my deceased fathers lawsuit settlement?

My father passed a few months prior to a settlement being reached in a class lawsuit. I reached out on his behalf and was told to submit necessary documents(death certificate, affidavit, etc). I did so by certified mail to insure proper delivery. Yet they've still refused to relinquish his... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Nov 13, 2020

A Mississippi attorney could advise best, but you await a response for four weeks. I'm sorry for the loss of your father. It looks like you already made diligent efforts. Ask the case administrators at the firm what further information is necessary. This might be something where more than... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Legal Malpractice for Mississippi on
Q: If a patient was sexually assaulted in the hospital is the hospital responsible for the employee's actions if being sued
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon answered on Jan 16, 2020

Quite possibly. I would highly encourage you to reach out to an attorney to talk more about the facts and circumstances. Feel free to reach out to any attorney on here by clicking the contact information next to their name. Most lawyers offer free consultations to see how we can help out.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Civil Rights, Legal Malpractice and Libel & Slander for Mississippi on
Q: Is the plaintiff's attorney allowed to put hearsay & lies in a document and file it with the courts?

If it's against the law what can I do about it?

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin answered on Aug 9, 2019

Are you serious?

Are you really asking if sn attorney can legally lie to the court?

If you believe thst is authorized, why would you consider believing anything a lawyer would write on here ?

Q: I am in extreme hardship. I am a victim of administrative crime against me and my family. For 13 yrs now im disabled

Willful neglect to uphold law. Denied equal protection. Refused due process. Harressed.caused heart attack ptsd poverty falsely incarcerated. I have evidence fed. Law says i can be compenstated

Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon answered on Aug 2, 2018

Your best bet would be to consult with an attorney so that you can go over the details of your case, and assess whether you have a valid claim that could entitle you to compensation.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Legal Malpractice for Mississippi on
Q: Is it the Attorney General's office responsibility to work vulnerable adult cases?

If the attorney general's office is already investigating a vulnerable adult abuse and neglect case and the victim ends up poisoned at a hospital is the case still the Attorney General's responsibility (due to it being a vulnerable adult) or the hospitals jurisdiction and responsibility?

Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon answered on Jul 19, 2018

Hospitals don't necessarily have jurisdiction over a vulnerable person. As to the AG side of it, it really depends on whether the initial DA is working the case or turned it over to the AG for various reasons.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Legal Malpractice for Mississippi on
Q: Can my fiance' file a civil suit with a prison if he developed a condition that the prison may be responsible for?

My fiance' complained of back pain for months and the prison doctors just gave him moltrin and suggested that he lose weight. After not receiving the accurate diagnosis or treatment, he is now in the prison hospital ward in a wheel chair and barely able to feel his feet. He states that the... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 13, 2018

Likely it won't be doable but for best read on it contact the Miss.Civil Liberties Union, ask for their prison rights group, ask them for the names and contact info for their "cooperating attoenys," most of who will give you a free consult.

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice, Consumer Law, Contracts and Business Law for Mississippi on
Q: Hi everyone, Why is it legal for AT&T to take away my unused minutes after 30 days with gophone. Cash paid in advance.

Upon getting a gophone one must agree to the terms of AT&T.

I'm disabled and on a small fixed income. I can only afford the prepaid gophone . I refill in small increments because I do not make many calls. I'm old and sometimes forget things. My minutes are gone if I forget to... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 30, 2016

File a complaint with the FCC and with the consumer protection division of the Attorney General's office in Mississippi.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.