Nevada Business Law Questions & Answers

Q: Intellectual/Moral Rights Signed to Corporation FOREVER?

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Business Law, Patents (Intellectual Property), Trademark and Intellectual Property for Nevada on
Answered on Mar 16, 2018
Peter D. Mlynek's answer
I think that the assignment of all IP rights forever has to do with assigning all the rights that you produce for the company while you are engaged in an assignment for them. It does not extend to IP rights that you generate during your lifetime after the engagement ended.

You may want to run this by a contract attorney in New South Wales.

Q: Is that possible to an ilegal alien to get a car dealership license or not?

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law, Criminal Law and Immigration Law for Nevada on
Answered on Nov 20, 2017
Hector E. Quiroga's answer
It is hard to say, since that’s more of a state level issue. Assume that it is unlikely, however.

Q: What're the steps to starting a clothing brand?

2 Answers | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Nevada on
Answered on May 9, 2017
Peter D. Mlynek's answer
Congratulations on starting a new venture! I hope that it is successful.

It is good to hear that you recognize that intellectual property may be important to your business, and you are interested in protecting it so early on. You are way ahead. It is always hard for me to tell clients bad news about not being able to protect their IP because they came to me too late.

The first step is to make a business plan. What are your distribution channels? Where will the clothing be...

Q: So I started my llc early this year and have sold nothing but im getting a tax delinquency letter, not sure what to do?

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law and Tax Law for Nevada on
Answered on Sep 30, 2016
Matthew M Montoya's answer
The IRS letter will tell you which tax form the delinquency is for, as well as the tax year. Make sure your confirm that the letter is for your business and not you, personally, because they can be two separate issues. It's difficult to know exactly what the issue is without seeing the letter.

Often tax issues work like an iceberg, with the bulk of the issue hidden from view. Feel free to contact me for a free consultation to go over the matter with you.

Q: How many days after a NV Board meets is it responsible to publish its minutes? What NRS governs it?

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Car Accidents for Nevada on
Answered on Sep 8, 2016
Peter Munsing's answer
Not every board has to publish every meeting. You need to determine if it is covered by the Nevada Open Meeings/Records Acts.

Q: I left a guitar that I bought online at the store for a year. Now they say they don't have it. Who is responsible?

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Products Liability and Business Law for Nevada on
Answered on Aug 22, 2016
Peter Munsing's answer
You'll get not a whole lot of sympathy, but assuming they didn't send you a notice saying "pick it up or else" then they are "bailees" of the item and have to care for it. They owe you the value of the item. Ask them in writing for the item or the amount you paid. Take them to small claims court--though that will be in Las Vegas.

Q: What is the status of assets of a Corporation/LLC that's dissolved and is considered "permanently revoked" in Nevada?

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law for Nevada on
Answered on Aug 20, 2015
Adam Studnicki's answer
If it's dissolved, then the entity no longer exists.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is general information that is given for legal education only. It is not legal advice, and it may not work for your specific situation. It is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the relevant facts and documents. I strongly encourage you to consult with a local lawyer to get...

Q: Can I get a statement of good standing for my Nevada corporation without using the services of an agent or attorney?

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law for Nevada on
Answered on Nov 20, 2013
Howard Berkson's answer
Probably. Check with the Nevada Secretary of State's office.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.