New Hampshire Contracts Questions & Answers

Q: My NH former Attorney forged my signature printed my name on a settlement check I got that off homeowners insurance

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts and Small Claims for New Hampshire on
Answered on Nov 5, 2018
Joseph Kelly Levasseur's answer
You can call the NH Professional Board of Conduct for attorneys and file a complaint. They will investigate and make a ruling on the matter. Good luck!

Q: My son who is disabled had a verbal lease month to month with his girlfriend. In the process an aquatance established .

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Contracts, Real Estate Law and Landlord - Tenant for New Hampshire on
Answered on Nov 5, 2018
Joseph Kelly Levasseur's answer
If in fact, as you state, she has a month to month tenancy, then you have to give her 30 days notice to quit the apartment. These cases are tricky, if she won't leave, you should hire an landlord tenant attorney. attorney Brian Shaughnessy is the attorney I use to evict my own tenants. He is one of the best in the state.

Q: Can you write a contract knowing it is a violation of the US Constitution

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Contracts and Criminal Law for New Hampshire on
Answered on Apr 4, 2018
Joseph Kelly Levasseur's answer
What kind of a contract would the persons be writing that has to do with the US Constitution?

Q: For business contracts with clients in a different state, do you list both states for the "governing law" section?

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for New Hampshire on
Answered on Feb 15, 2018
Joseph Kelly Levasseur's answer
If you are the one drafting the contract in might be in your best interest to pick your own state-however, in some instances the other state may have contract laws that benefit your interests better. Also keep in mind that when entering into a contract with a person from another state, that may allow either party to choose federal district court instead of their local district or state court, as the place for a contract dispute. There are important parameters that have to be met for a case to...

Q: I did several podcast interviews as well as videos with a company from Massachusetts. Can they use w/o a contract.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for New Hampshire on
Answered on Dec 8, 2017
Joseph Kelly Levasseur's answer
This should come down to ownership and the verbal agreement you have with them. Not sure why they would be able to use them without your permission and with something in writing. If they are up on YouTube, you control the passwords and the content. Again, not sure form these facts what the arrangements are between you.

Q: If a defendant's has failed to file an objection to Plaintiff's Motion for Summary Judgement 30+ days, what happens ?

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Civil Litigation for New Hampshire on
Answered on Oct 19, 2017
Joseph Kelly Levasseur's answer
The rules of the court state if the defendant does not respond to the summary judgement motion, then the case will be dismissed. Courts like to dismiss cases so this is unusual, if the summary judgment motion was not filed within the time frame of the rules that were set by the parties then the court would not be able to dismiss the case. In other words if the SJ was filed after the time to do so was allowed, then the court would not dismiss. Also, the court does not have to dismiss a case just...

Q: My husband helped someone move and now they are saying he broke something. Do we have to pay? He says he didn't break it

2 Answers | Asked in Small Claims and Contracts for New Hampshire on
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
Israel Piedra's answer
He doesn't HAVE to pay anything until a Court orders him to. If the A/C is really that old, it's probably not worth much and I find it unlikely that someone would file a lawsuit (and pay a filing fee) for such a small amount. Even if they did file a lawsuit, they'd need to prove negligence or some other reason your husband is liable for the cost of the A/C.

Q: How do I find an injunction that was placed against my physician for breaking a non compete clause by leaving a practice

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for New Hampshire on
Answered on Apr 25, 2014
Charles Snyderman's answer
Call or write to your doctor at his new office and request a copy. Rather than trying to obtain a copy, why not simply call your doctor and schedule an appointment. If his staff questions you, point out that you were his patient before he went with his last practice, and you wish to remain his patient. The final decision, however, rests with your doctor. If he does not wish to see you, you can ask for a referral to another doctor he recommends.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.